Mysql error

Hello, good morning, I am creating my website using an installer, the problem is that after installing the database; Hello, good morning, I am creating my website using an installer, the problem is that after installing the database; “mysql”, gives me this error: "

{“status”:“error”,“message”:“SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1142 REFERENCES command denied to user ‘my_username’@‘192.XX.X.XX’ for table ‘users’ (SQL: alter table friendships add constraint friendships_friend_id_foreign foreign key (friend_id) references users (id) on delete cascade)”,“dbOutputLog”:“Migration table not found.\nMigration table created successfully.” how can i fix this? help!

Looking at the error message, the installer wants to add a Foreign Key to the database.

Our database servers don’t support this, but it should just fail silently and not cause any errors. It’s odd that this causes an error. Perhaps this can be tweaked on our end, but it still wouldn’t allow you to create foreign keys.

In any case, it seems like your script requires the InnoDB storage engine, while we still use MyISAM on free hosting. InnoDB is only available on premium hosting right now. Perhaps the script developer can help you with this, but you may be out of luck.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.