My website URL: budgetizer.epizy.com
What I’m seeing is:
Mysql Access denied (either with establishing new PDO or mysqli connection):
Example statement:
$pdo = new PDO($dsn, $USERNAME, $PASSWORD);
where $dsn is "mysql:host=sql204.epizy.com;dbname=epiz_2477663_BudgetData
$USERNAME is ‘epizy_2477663’
$PASSWORD is as shown in Client Area

I have seen posts claiming that permissions needed to be reset by admin. I just created this db using the Client tools, so I don’t understand why permissions might not be set (if that is the problem). I also found a post claiming that resetting the password would clear it up. I tried to do that in the client area ‘Edit Account’ section to no avail - hours later, nothing has changed. I tried it again with no luck. I tried changing the $PASSWORD to match the new one I created, but get the same result. Can you help with this?

I’m using Firefox 70.1 on a MacOS X 10.14.6, php 7; php script created and uploaded to website using File Manager. It is essentially the only script invoked at this time via index.php in order to test the process.

Both your database name and username seem to be one character short. You’re using the username and name prefix epiz_2477663. Searching for the domain name in our database, the actual corresponding username is epiz_24776673 (so with an additional 7 at the end). Can you please update your database name and username with the extra digit and see if that works?

1 Like

I apologize for having you spend time on my gross errors - yes it works fine now. Thank you very much.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.