MySQL Plugin in Xamarin

Hi all, I am using Xamarin Android to develop an app for my senior project. I downloaded a plugin called MySQL from Xamarin which allows me to connect to MySQL databases. I am aware that this plugin is having a direct call to the database itself from within the app which is a security risk, however this is mostly being used for testing purposes and proof of concept. The information needed to connect to a database looks like this:

string connsqlstring = “Server=your.ip.address;Port=3306;database=YOUR_DATA_BASE;User Id=root;Password=password;charset=utf8”;
sqlconn = new MySqlConnection(connsqlstring);

From looking at the MySQL database I created, the IP address would be the MySQL host name given to me, database would be my username_database that I created, User Id would be the username given to me, and I’ve set up my password. I’m assuming the port is also 3306, however I’m not certain. When trying to run my app with this setup, I’m getting this error:

MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts.

Here is the call I am making in Visual Studio 2015 using the plugin:

MySqlConnection con = new MySqlConnection(“Server=sql205.rf.gd;Port=3306;database=rfgd_20040205_s4b_db;User Id=rfgd_20040205;Password=password123;charset=utf8”);

Any insight would be much appreciated.

If you’d like to reference the MySQL plugin I’m using, it is found here:
https://components.xamarin.com/view/mysql-plugin

Remote access to MySQL is not available on free hosting. You need to upgrade your account.