Mysql triggers

Hi, is there any way you would be able to allow mysql triggers? I’m currently making a website on a friends server, but it’d be nice to have something to turn to that’d work with my site if I’ve got to switch for whatever reason :slight_smile:

MySQL triggers are not supported here on InfinityFree, unfortunately.

To ensure maximum compatibility, I would recommend to build the trigger logic in your application. Most website developing frameworks have support for events to be run before or after making changes, allowing you to tack additional logic to database operations. This also ensures that all your application logic is contained in your application and not spread out over your application and the database, which makes debugging easier as well.

Thanks for the reply, I would normally do that, but after finding out about triggers I was able to cut out 75% of the page tracking code for example (like instead of_ insert x, update y, update z_, it became insert x, with the trigger handling the other bits), so I’m a bit reluctant to move back haha. I was hoping to code mine in a way it could be reused by me for other sites, and I wasn’t counting on nothing actually supporting triggers, so I’ll have to think about it :stuck_out_tongue: