Nameserver Issues

I purchased a domain name from GoDaddy and their customer support walked me through how to connect my website hosted here with the domain name I purchased there. As they instructed, I copied and pasted five nameservers from this website to the DNS section on their site. They told me everything would be up and running within a few hours but I’ve now had an email from them claiming they have received a request that the nameservers be changed. I’ve spoken to them again and they have said there is no longer anything they can do because the site isn’t hosted by them. I’d really appreciate any advice about what to do next.

If you go to your GoDaddy account, are the dns servers pointed here or did they get reverted back to GoDaddy?

If they are pointed here, then you should be able to go to your cPanel → Addon Domains and add it via that page. As they said though, it could take several hours for caches(isp’s, computers, etc) to reset so you can actually see your website here…

Thank you Bittiez, I’ve done that and the website hompage now displays Directory Listings. I presume I now just need to be patient?

@HopeToCodeOneDay said:
Thank you Bittiez, I’ve done that and the website hompage now displays Directory Listings. I presume I now just need to be patient?

What is the URL? I can check to see if I get different results

A directory listing typically means your account works but you haven’t uploaded anything to the htdocs folder yet. Did you do anything with your website already? Did you install any script or upload or remove any files?

The website is sweall.com - I have created it using wordpress and it is currently hosted at testingtesting.freecluster.eu I haven’t uploaded or removed anything or installed any scripts.

The domain sweall.com is setup correctly, but the directory it points to, sweall.com/htdocs/, is empty. If you want to install Wordpress to that domain, you need to install Wordpress that domain and directory.

When using Softaculous, be sure to select the correct domain name during the installation. When installing manually, be sure to upload the script to the correct folder.

Can I skype somebody? I’m sure your instructions have been very clear but I simply don’t know what to do.

Success! sweall.com is up and running! Thank you so much both of you! Admin you’ve been incredibly patient with my basic questions. I cannot thank you enough.
:smiley: