Nameservers check

A totally different service would not require you to remove the domain. After all, if they are different, there is nothing stopping you from registering the same domain at two different systems.

I think I have waited for two days already have I since we last chat about the domain removal? I should ask the other host about my domain issueā€¦

Can someone check this for me? I know that I can see the date on the right but not sure if it is correctā€¦ seems like it has been two days nowā€¦ keeps saying that my site is suspendedā€¦

Iā€™m sorry, what was your website URL again? I looked through this topic as well as some other recent ones, but I canā€™t find any domain name or URL anywhere.

If you have changed the nameservers, can you see your site after a few hours even though that you have not uploaded any files to the public html folder?

I thought that one should be able to see the website after propagation without uploading the files?

Nope. No files in public html folder = no website.

thanks but I thought that I could see my website without uploading any files? I just thought that uploading files would just enable me to edit thingsā€¦ I just thought that a website should show up even though you donā€™t have any files?

You can use a server (localhost) on your own PC to test website before uploading it. Uploading the website is the only way for the webpage to be displayed on your domain to other users. If you donā€™t upload, how will a browser display it? Uploading files doesnā€™t let you edit them in any way. You have to edit and then upload every time you make a change.

So if you donā€™t upload any files to your webhost and once propagation has finished, will it still say something like this?

No. It will show a blank white page.

I guess that suspended message means it is still in propagation? I wonder if it is a problem on this end or just waiting to complete propagation

If the old account shows suspended, then the propogation isnā€™t done, if, the new account shows suspended, the propogation is done.

1 Like

Is it also common to see your website on 4g network first than wifi? For some reason, I can see it on 4g but not on wifi at the moment

Itā€™s DNS caching. Different networks may use different DNS resolvers which donā€™t share the same cache. This is also why we say that it can take up to 72 hours for a domain to work everywhere: some people will see the updated domain after 3 minutes, others see it after 3 days.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.