Need help with xenforo 2.1.0

i am having some errors with xenforo 2.1.0 and i need some help

The following warnings were detected when verifying that your server can run XenForo:

• Your server has disabled a core PHP function exec via the disable_functions directive in php.ini. This may cause unexpected problems in XenForo.
  • Your server has disabled a core PHP function escapeshellarg via the disable_functions directive in php.ini. This may cause unexpected problems in XenForo.
  • Your server has disabled a core PHP function proc_open via the disable_functions directive in php.ini. This may cause unexpected problems in XenForo.
  • Your server has disabled a core PHP function popen via the disable_functions directive in php.ini. This may cause unexpected problems in XenForo.
  • Your server has disabled a core PHP function set_time_limit via the disable_functions directive in php.ini. This may cause unexpected problems in XenForo.

i really need some help am using the free version of infinity

I’m sorry, but all of the functions you listed have been disabled for security reasons. All but the last functions you listed allow scripts to execute system commands on the server, which we don’t allow. The last one is just to set the time limit, but that’s also blocked to prevent long running processes from overloading the servers.

However, as XenForo says (emphasis mine):

This may cause unexpected problems in XenForo.

In order words, it may also not give unexpected problems, and work perfectly. So please just try it!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.