Need some advice from the Admin

Hi again,

I have recently updated my site and uploaded several zip-files. To begin with, my website has four different categories. The first category is one of the most important ones. As you can see the site description says it is meant to be an archive of files I had left laying on my HDD.
I am clearly not uploading any programs, executables or whatsoever and I state that all work belong to their respectful owners even when I don’t know the exact creator of that file.

So now that I’m almost done with the first category, I moved onto the next one.

But here comes the problem. Take the My Games-section for instance. I would like to use this category as a place where I (as student and game developer) can upload the games I made. Sometimes the games are a few kilobytes but others about 1gb or slightly even bigger.
And then I came across this idea: Firstly I should upload these games (zipped) on a file-hosting site like Mediafire or Mega. Then would it be allowed to setup links like I did in the first category? But then these links redirect to these Mediafire-links or Mega’s? :confused:

_Link to website: https://mp5k.rf.gd/_

@TB0Y298 said:
As you can see the site description says it is meant to be an archive of files I had left laying on my HDD.

You can only host normal websites on InfinityFree. Using your account for backup storage is not allowed.

And then I came across this idea: Firstly I should upload these games (zipped) on a file-hosting site like Mediafire or Mega. Then would it be allowed to setup links like I did in the first category? But then these links redirect to these Mediafire-links or Mega’s? :confused:

That’s no problem at all. As long as you have the rights to distribute those games and the games are not stored or downloaded from our servers, it’s no problem.

@Admin said:

@TB0Y298 said:
As you can see the site description says it is meant to be an archive of files I had left laying on my HDD.

You can only host normal websites on InfinityFree. Using your account for backup storage is not allowed.

That’s no problem at all. As long as you have the rights to distribute those games and the games are not stored or downloaded from our servers, it’s no problem.

That’s exactly the point I was trying to tell. I understood that InfinityFree wasn’t meant for backup storage at all, silly.

…and I am the developer himself. :slight_smile:

@TB0Y298 said:

@Admin said:

@TB0Y298 said:

That’s exactly the point I was trying to tell. I understood that InfinityFree wasn’t meant for backup storage at all, silly.

…and I am the developer himself. :slight_smile:

In that case, I see no problem whatsoever. Linking to the files on Mediafire or whatever file sharing site you prefer is fine!