New Feature: Free SSL for own domains!

Done!, It’s working with https:// now.
thanks bro

2 Likes

omg im waiting for this to happen! thankyou so much admin!:smile:

4 Likes

even its working if we do this will we get banned? and i just tested it. doesnt work…

2 Likes

We’re not going to ban anyone for using SSL. We wouldn’t offer the option if we did that.

SSL for subdomains is not officially supported. It’s possible right now because of error behavior. It may be removed at any time and stop working. We will not suspend anyone for using it, but we can’t guarantee it will keep working for the foreseeable future, unlike SSL for custom domains.

5 Likes

Really nice to have free SSL that directly from infinity free panel, great work done by infinity free thank you.

5 Likes

I have the same error message. How did you fix that? I’ve copied and paste exactly what’s shown but the _acme-challenge keeps returning this error. The other CNAME record is totally fine and ready.

2 Likes

Can you double check you didn’t copy paste any markup or spaces from the client area?

4 Likes

I think that the best option is to use the new free SSL on InfinityFree along with Cloudflare, so the encryption mode can be strick (end-to-end) and much safer.

3 Likes

Hello, thank you for your advice. Both CNAME records are now added, but the _acme-challenge one is not active yet. I understand it may take up to 24 hours.

2 Likes

How long does it take for the green lock to appear next to my domain name on browsers? It has been 24 hours and I still see it says “not secure” for my domain name. I have checked in SSL checker and see my SSL certificate is working. What else can I look into?

Thank you so much for your help.

Did you just install the SSL certificate and didn’t do anything else? If so, you just completed step 1 of making your website use HTTPS, but there are still a few to go.

See this article for the full process:

https://infinityfree.net/support/how-to-make-your-website-use-https/

3 Likes

Hi Admin, How can I install Intermediate/chain certificate to link it to a trusted root certificate? I’am a newbie. Thanks!

Thank you. It is now secured and working well.

Where can I find the CA bundle of my SSL?

CA chain support is sadly not available on free hosting. So you cannot install CA chains or intermediary certificates.

Most modern browsers will accept Let’s Encrypt certificates just fine without intermediary certificates.

You can’t install CA bundles on free hosting, so we don’t show them in the panel. But since these are Let’s Encrypt certificates, you can download the intermediary and root certificates from Let’s Encrypt’s website and use them here: Chain of Trust - Let's Encrypt

3 Likes

Very interesting.

11 posts were split to a new topic: The certificate you have entered does not match the current private key

Hello. I have updated the CNAME correctly because it shows the “Verified” status on the page, but I am unable to get the certificate. I have tried twice and it returns with “failed” status. What do I need to check/do? Any help would be appreciated.

Never mind. Third times the charm!

Thank you all for the feedback on the new feature! I’m closing this topic for now. If you still have questions or need help with the new SSL system, please feel free to post a new topic in the Hosting Support category.

2 Likes