New Feature: Free SSL for own domains!

Baffling lol, now neither of them work,

2 Likes

same here, is there a knowledge base article about this?

2 Likes

Is there an article/text/tutorial on how to do this?

2 Likes

My website URL is: http://www.oreanic.com/

Im trying to add SSL certificate which was provided in client area into SSL/TLS in control panel. when i click on configure button next to the domain, the page loads forever and no response.

https://cpanel.epizy.com/panel/indexpl.php?option=ssl&ttt=776627963145224192

2 Likes

I manually changed the DNS resolvers on the client area server, but it appears the change was reverted. I updated the settings again and they should stay correct now. Can you please try again if the domain is accepted now?

@Oreanic_IT I was just able to install your certificate without any problem.

5 Likes

What would you like me to do exactly?? Then I will try it, as yes I could be undoing things are doing, so i will just leave it until I know what I am doing… Thanks for your help…

2 Likes

I’m sorry, I should have been more clear.

Can you please try to recheck the CNAME records from the client area? The underlying issues on the client area server was fixed, so the CNAME records should be detected properly now.

3 Likes

Is this method really working? According to admin it is not!

2 Likes

When I copy the private key to the indicated field and click on the upload key button and the page reloads without any apparent change, why?

1 Like

click the generate key/csr. once the private key and csr is uploaded, copy and paste the private key and certificate from your lets encrypt private key and certificate.

6 Likes

Done!, It’s working with https:// now.
thanks bro

2 Likes

omg im waiting for this to happen! thankyou so much admin!:smile:

4 Likes

even its working if we do this will we get banned? and i just tested it. doesnt work…

2 Likes

We’re not going to ban anyone for using SSL. We wouldn’t offer the option if we did that.

SSL for subdomains is not officially supported. It’s possible right now because of error behavior. It may be removed at any time and stop working. We will not suspend anyone for using it, but we can’t guarantee it will keep working for the foreseeable future, unlike SSL for custom domains.

5 Likes

Really nice to have free SSL that directly from infinity free panel, great work done by infinity free thank you.

5 Likes

I have the same error message. How did you fix that? I’ve copied and paste exactly what’s shown but the _acme-challenge keeps returning this error. The other CNAME record is totally fine and ready.

2 Likes

Can you double check you didn’t copy paste any markup or spaces from the client area?

4 Likes

I think that the best option is to use the new free SSL on InfinityFree along with Cloudflare, so the encryption mode can be strick (end-to-end) and much safer.

3 Likes

Hello, thank you for your advice. Both CNAME records are now added, but the _acme-challenge one is not active yet. I understand it may take up to 24 hours.

2 Likes

How long does it take for the green lock to appear next to my domain name on browsers? It has been 24 hours and I still see it says “not secure” for my domain name. I have checked in SSL checker and see my SSL certificate is working. What else can I look into?

Thank you so much for your help.