No Additional features in cpanel

Hello admin of infinity free,my friend has a website and he using cpanel hosting by hostgator.com
He gave me his cpanel username and password for one time.
After log in to my friend’s cpanel i saw some additional options,which I not found in my cpanel provide by infinity free.
Why ?

@BRAJDEEP said:
Hello admin of infinity free,my friend has a website and he using cpanel hosting by hostgator.com
After log in to my friend’s cpanel i saw some additional options,which I not found in my cpanel provide by infinity free.
Why ?

Because the control panel here is not cPanel.
Its is a custom-made, independent panel called VistaPanel (vPanel) which has the PaperLantern theme from cPanel.
VistaPanel was created to cover some of the basic user’s needs on free hosting.
If you want to have the real cPanel, you should upgrade to premium.

Even if you upgrade to premium, you will notice some differences, because each hosting provider customizes cPanel to its needs, and so HostGator and iFastNet cPanels are different.
Which functions are missing that you would like to see here? Some like cPanel File Manager cannot be added, for example, but others can, and we would like to hear your suggestion.

There is any way to add the additional features ???

@BRAJDEEP said:

Just make a suggestion, I cannot guarantee you anything.
Just go over there and say what you want, I will tell you possibilities of this to happen, and if you want you can tell it to iFastNet support: https://support.ifastnet.com so that they might take it into consideration (if it is serious and something that wouldn’t need too much cost).
For example, I asked them to whitelist the .well-known folder so that Let’s Encypt can wor without my tutorial, and they said they might even do it, they still needs time to decide.

@BRAJDEEP said:
Why ?

It’s not cPanel, and we don’t charge $12 per month to use it. If you want premium features, you need to pay a premium price.

But if you’re looking for “additional features”, it would help a lot if you could actually explain which specific features you’re looking for.

@ChrisPAR said:

@BRAJDEEP said:

Just go over there and say what you want, I will tell you possibilities of this to happen, and if you want you can tell it to iFastNet support: https://support.ifastnet.com so that they might take it into consideration (if it is serious and something that wouldn’t need too much cost).
For example, I asked them to whitelist the .well-known folder so that Let’s Encypt can wor without my tutorial, and they said they might even do it, they still needs time to decide.

I’ve been saying for ages that we are looking into getting free SSL certificates for free hosting, so you could have asked that question here as well. After all, if you pay attention to the forum you’ll see it’s by far the #1 most requested feature.

iFastNet officially doesn’t provide support to people who are not their customers, and they are unlikely to implement something just because you ask for it. They host millions of websites and are not going to divert valuable development time to the request of a single free hosting user.

@Admin said:

@BRAJDEEP said:
Why ?

It’s not cPanel, and we don’t charge $12 per month to use it. If you want premium features, you need to pay a premium price.

But if you’re looking for “additional features”, it would help a lot if you could actually explain which specific features you’re looking for.

@ChrisPAR said:

@BRAJDEEP said:

I’ve been saying for ages that we are looking into getting free SSL certificates for free hosting, so you could have asked that question here as well. After all, if you pay attention to the forum you’ll see it’s by far the #1 most requested feature.
You are looking into it? What more can you do than iFastNet?
I have a suggestion that will work, won’t ruin websites, and it will be for how to get SSL for epizy.com subdomains.

iFastNet officially doesn’t provide support to people who are not their customers, and they are unlikely to implement something just because you ask for it. They host millions of websites and are not going to divert valuable development time to the request of a single free hosting user.

I know that it is the #1 feature ask, almost everyday we get request.
And also, this was just a suggestion I made, as far as I know InfinityFree cannot do anything else here so there was no point in posting it and I don’t think I am the only one asking them for free LE certificate.
They were going to implement it back in the days, but something happened probably and they didn’t make it.

And at last, they updated Softaculous which was kinda outdated when I asked, so I said, why not try?
You are right that thy might never implement it, but instead of doing nothing I reccomend some things.

They provide support to free clients and customers there.

@ChrisPAR said:

@Admin said:

@BRAJDEEP said:
Why ?

@ChrisPAR said:

@BRAJDEEP said:

Not every feature provided by InfinityFree is created by iFastNet. The custom file managers and site builders are good examples of things you can do outside of what they provide. It’s not impossible to offer SSL certificates in a similar way. After discussing it with iFastNet we’ve decided to hold it back for now.

And before you ask: no, I will not share how it worked. It was held back for a good reason.

@Admin said:

@ChrisPAR said:

@Admin said:

@BRAJDEEP said:
Why ?

@ChrisPAR said:

@BRAJDEEP said:

Not every feature provided by InfinityFree is created by iFastNet. The custom file managers and site builders are good examples of things you can do outside of what they provide. It’s not impossible to offer SSL certificates in a similar way. After discussing it with iFastNet we’ve decided to hold it back for now.
These things you mentioned, are all done by using a custom client area and API, no on vPanel issues.

And before you ask: no, I will not share how it worked. It was held back for a good reason.
It probably was either a way to disable aes.js or whielist the folder on your own server; I can only make assumptions.
And no, I was not going to ask about it, since it really must have been a very important security risk for InfinityFree not to implement this.

@BRAJDEEP said:

Nope, It’s actually up to iFastNet if they want to add more features on it.