Official Feature Suggestion Thread

We’re always looking for ways to improve InfinityFree. Whether that’s about making things faster, easier or more powerful, we always want to make things better.

For example, we’re already working on:

• Free SSL certificates.
  • A better website builder.

Other things which we might implement:

• InnoDB database support.

What are some improvements you’d like to see for your hosting? Are there any tools, addons or features you’d like to see? Please share them here and we’ll consider them!

@Admin said:
We’re always looking for ways to improve InfinityFree. Whether that’s about making things faster, easier or more powerful, we always want to make things better.

• Free SSL certificates.

What are some improvements you’d like to see for your hosting? Are there any tools, addons or features you’d like to see? Please share them here and we’ll consider them!

I love InfinityFree as what it is and I think you should update the vPanel’s Design :smiley:

Will the given information about FTP host, nameservers and other stuff like that ever get synchronized? ‘There’s first hostname, but wait here another one, oh shit there’s few more.’
When adding domain:
“Ight I’ve set up the nameservers, let’s try it” - “ok, I’ll wait, oh stop, why the error page says other nameservers I need to set, which is valid??”

And I know that all hostnames, nameservers and etc are correct, but you probably have to decide one way that users should go, because finding out this all is pretty confusing when you’ve just signed up and tryin to do smth.
I’ve wasted a 10 mins to find out ftpupload hostname for ftp, cuz this is the one that not having problems with certificate and recommended by admin.

Speed improvement to Asia region is appreciated :smile:

@MrJunior said:
Will the given information about FTP host, nameservers and other stuff like that ever get synchronized? ‘There’s first hostname, but wait here another one, oh shit there’s few more.’
When adding domain:
“Ight I’ve set up the nameservers, let’s try it” - “ok, I’ll wait, oh stop, why the error page says other nameservers I need to set, which is valid??”

And I know that all hostnames, nameservers and etc are correct, but you probably have to decide one way that users should go, because finding out this all is pretty confusing when you’ve just signed up and tryin to do smth.
I’ve wasted a 10 mins to find out ftpupload hostname for ftp, cuz this is the one that not having problems with certificate and recommended by admin.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Can you please clarify what you mean by synchronizing them? Are you referring to the (admittedly sometimes confusing) usage of multiple names for the nameservers and the FTP hostnames?

@Joo_Nath said:
Speed improvement to Asia region is appreciated :smile:

That would be nice to have! Unfortunately, our servers are in the UK and the laws of physics put a practical limit on speed on such distance. And servers and Asia are a lot more expensive than in North America or Europe, so I don’t think we can expand there any time soon.

@Admin mk, here an image

That’s the ones that I’ve found while was just working with hosting. Hope there’s no more things like that.

@MrJunior said:
@Admin mk, here an image

That’s the ones that I’ve found while was just working with hosting. Hope there’s no more things like that.

The vPanel stats and information can’t be changed by InfinityFree but the Client Area can be changed by Infinityfee.

Also ftp.epizy.com points to 185.27.134.11 which is the same and works the same and especially ns1 - ns2.epizy.com points to iFastNet servers and so do ns1 - ns4.byet.org.

But still I like your suggestion though.

@UnknownLolz said:

@Admin said:

• Free SSL certificates.

I love InfinityFree as what it is and I think you should update the vPanel’s Design :smiley:

I agree with @UnknownLolz, vPanel Design really does need a change :lol:
Otherwise, you said you are working on Free SSL and InnoDB, so we are OK.
I am suggesting to bring back Angular File Manager (files.infinityfree.net)

@UnknownLolz said:

@MrJunior said:
@Admin mk, here an image

The vPanel stats and information can’t be changed by InfinityFree but the Client Area can be changed by Infinityfee.

Also ftp.epizy.com points to 185.27.134.11 which is the same and works the same and especially ns1 - ns2.epizy.com points to iFastNet servers and so do ns1 - ns4.byet.org.

@MrJunior said:

@MrJunior said:

@UnknownLolz said:

@MrJunior said:
@Admin mk, here an image

@MrJunior said:

And that’s why I am supporting your Idea
So +1

i would ask you to update the content of https://infinityfree.net/support/how-to-install-wordpress/
(so we can easily call that kb article)

and add:

If you want your users to access your site at mydomain.com
(call WordPress with the domain name) you will have to leave the In Directory field blank on the Softaculous/WordPress install form, then WordPress will be installed on the root of your domain ( htdocs ).

how to (quick and easy way)
If you have fresh WordPress website you can remove the installation and install WordPress again.

and maybe some notice if there is some other content in the same dir (in that case it would be better to use wp dir)

@ChrisPAR said:

Why so? Do you feel that it’s better than MonstaFTP or net2ftp.

@OxyDac said:
i would ask you to update the content of https://infinityfree.net/support/how-to-install-wordpress/
(so we can easily call that kb article)

and add:

(call WordPress with the domain name) you will have to leave the In Directory field blank on the Softaculous/WordPress install form, then WordPress will be installed on the root of your domain ( htdocs ).

how to (quick and easy way)
If you have fresh WordPress website you can remove the installation and install WordPress again.

and maybe some notice if there is some other content in the same dir (in that case it would be better to use wp dir)

It wouldn’t hurt, although I somehow doubt that the people who don’t read the Softaculous form will read the article.

@Admin said:

@ChrisPAR said:

Its looking nicer and it is more easy to use yes. MonstaFTP, I can use it for my advanced editing but I think that Angular is an easy to use, web file manager (I can use filezilla if I wanted more advanced FTP connections).
Except is it has some security issues, and in that case you cannot bring it back, I think it would be nice to have it.

@Admin said:
It wouldn’t hurt, although I somehow doubt that the people who don’t read the Softaculous form will read the article.

I mean when they ask here on the forum that we can only give them a link
instead of writing each time what I said above

@OxyDac said:

@Admin said:

I mean when they ask here on the forum that we can only give them a link
instead of writing each time what I said above

Well, there’s this article already: https://infinityfree.net/support/my-website-installed-with-softaculous-doesnt-open/

Is that article what you were looking for or is it not clear/complete?

@ChrisPAR said:

@Admin said:

@ChrisPAR said:

Its looking nicer and it is more easy to use yes. MonstaFTP, I can use it for my advanced editing but I think that Angular is an easy to use, web file manager (I can use filezilla if I wanted more advanced FTP connections).
Except is it has some security issues, and in that case you cannot bring it back, I think it would be nice to have it.

The angular file manager did not have any security issues. But:

• It was the least popular file manager.
  • I personally did not find it very easy to use (MonstaFTP has a large editing window by default and much better syntax highlighting in my opinion).
  • The backend code was custom built (so takes more effort to maintain).
  • The file manager selector means an extra click to access the files.

The idea was that it’s more useful to have one good file manager which is easy to access than a wealth of options.

@Admin said:
Well, there’s this article already: https://infinityfree.net/support/my-website-installed-with-softaculous-doesnt-open/

is not clear enough
the title itself uses the word “does not open”
which would primarily mean error 500
also users see the page but the default template “index2”
and it does not explain how to adjust it

to tell them clearly

that article is well explained to an average user
but I suspect that many are lost and need a step by step tutorial

because if you just tell them “check if installation directory are correct”
they are lost (where, how, browser cache, etc.)

I also think that enough KB content should be in the new troubleshooting section

for example, this is in Account Management
https://infinityfree.net/support/my-website-installed-with-softaculous-doesnt-open/

nobody will look for it there, because for them their account is doing well
(but they do not see the wordpress page)

@OxyDac said:

@Admin said:

is not clear enough
the title itself uses the word “does not open”
which would primarily mean error 500
also users see the page but the default template “index2”
and it does not explain how to adjust it

to tell them clearly

Do you have any suggestion for a title? The issue is posted quite often, but always with different titles. People describe it as “website doesn’t work”, “wordpress is broken”, “softaculous installation failed”, “website shows getting started page” or something else.

I want to add it > @MrJunior said:

@Admin mk, here an image

with 5 most required things. SSL on softaculas installer, net2ftp, phpmyadmin and a SFTP access. So we feel security all over. Revamp of vistapanel is appreciated.