Okay, what am I suposed to do now?

I opened a new domain but I still dont see anything.
The site link works fine but its empty or something…

this is what htdocs lokks like, so I think it’s fine, am I right?

http://nihulitbest.great-site.net/ just shows up empty, what’s up?

1 Like

No issue

Clear your browser cache?

3 Likes

Yes, I see it now. Maybe I had to wait a while.
Ok, things are moving along, thanks everyone.
I tried uploading a digital catalog but all I see is the graphics symbol?
Now I think my problem is that my files (uploaded to htdocs) are all 4 KB.
But my original files are larger than that.
Am I only allowed to upload files up to 4 KB?

?
does anyone know?

The file limit is 10MB.

5 Likes

10 mb or 10 kb?

every file I have is under 10 kb but over 4 kb.
Even so - all my files uploaded only up to 4 kb.
What’s up?

The file limit is 1MB for HTML and PHP files, 10KB for .htaccess and 10MB for everything else.
If any files you upload are removed, please refer to this article:

6 Likes

okay, my folder is 30 mb. does that mean game over?
or does anyone have any tricks for me?
does anyone know of another free site I can try using instead?

No. Use an ftp client like FileZilla to upload it.
To further clarify:
html and php files/scripts have max size of 1mb.
photos, videos, apps, have max size of 10mb.

A folder is not a file. It is not an app. A .zip is a file, if it’s 30mb, you can not upload it.

If it is a folder, use ftp to upload. ftp is not necessary you can do it from the web too. ftp just makes it cleaner and easier.

Game is not over.

Not sure if you can find one with as many resources as Infinityfree but here:
https://google.com/search?q=free+php+hosting

2 Likes

Why would you want to?

Uploading a site of 30 MB is no problem at all. The limit is up to 10 MB per file, not for the entire website. The storage limit for the entire account is 5 GB.

The only thing you can’t do is upload a 30 MB site as a single ZIP file to the account, and you’ll have trouble uploading a 30 MB website with the online file manager. But most (free) hosting providers have similar limitations.

And the issue on how to structure the files of your website is also exactly the same with other hosting providers. Basically all web servers load files the same way, so moving to a different web hosting provider is not going to make this any easier.

About the supposed 4 KB limit, note that some file managers may show the size of a folder as 4 KB. But that 4 KB is only the metadata of the folder itself, it doesn’t count the contents of the folder. That’s also why MonstaFTP doesn’t show the file size for folders, it’s misleading and doesn’t tell you anything.

5 Likes

I used this, thanks very helpful.

• I used filezilla and I had to play with the settings, I didn’t know why it wasn’t working for me. but turned out I had to put on unsecure settings.
    Thanks everyone!

yes, the 4KB was misleading

I realized I should check the size of everything individually and then I saw that my files didn’t upload properly so I used filezilla (and played with the settings) to solve this issue.
My boss was very happy that I got the catalog up and running. Thanks guys!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.