One of my files has been emptied

I was editing my file trough monsta ftp and suddenly i couldn’t open files with monsta, it just showed a blank file. I switched to files.infinityfree.net/files and there every other file just worked like normal, instead of one file. When I try to download it, it is empty, when I try to edit it there it’s empty… How to fix this?

HI

if you are in a hurry
you can use Angular https://files.infinityfree.net/files
right click on some file > edit

maybe this is a problem

If every file manages shows you an empty file, are you sure the file isn’t actually empty? It’s possible that one of the file managers nuked the file contents by accident.

The net2ftp file manager is the most sturdy one, try using that (or a desktop file manager) to verify the file is empty.

@Admin said:
If every file manages shows you an empty file, are you sure the file isn’t actually empty? It’s possible that one of the file managers nuked the file contents by accident.

The net2ftp file manager is the most sturdy one, try using that (or a desktop file manager) to verify the file is empty.

I downloaded it, but it was empty and 0 bytes. (Downloaded it trough Angular btw)

@Cubemaster465 said:

@Admin said:
If every file manages shows you an empty file, are you sure the file isn’t actually empty? It’s possible that one of the file managers nuked the file contents by accident.

The net2ftp file manager is the most sturdy one, try using that (or a desktop file manager) to verify the file is empty.

I downloaded it, but it was empty and 0 bytes. (Downloaded it trough Angular btw)

A file with 0 bytes of content is an empty file. So the file really is gone (for whatever reason) and it’s not just an issue of the file managers not showing the file.

In any case, if you need the file, you’ll need to restore the content yourself (through a backup, a fresh copy or by recreating it, whatever applies to the file).

@Admin said:

@Cubemaster465 said:

@Admin said:
If every file manages shows you an empty file, are you sure the file isn’t actually empty? It’s possible that one of the file managers nuked the file contents by accident.

The net2ftp file manager is the most sturdy one, try using that (or a desktop file manager) to verify the file is empty.

I downloaded it, but it was empty and 0 bytes. (Downloaded it trough Angular btw)

A file with 0 bytes of content is an empty file. So the file really is gone (for whatever reason) and it’s not just an issue of the file managers not showing the file.

In any case, if you need the file, you’ll need to restore the content yourself (through a backup, a fresh copy or by recreating it, whatever applies to the file).

I been remading and editing the file trough angular and tried again with monsta (first I downloaded it as backup luckily) and it happened again. So I think the problem is not by the file but by Monsta?

Edit: The new file is only empty in Monsta (The other one is still gone) and I can still open it trough angular

There was a technical issue on the MonstaFTP server which might have caused this issue. The issue has been fixed now so you should be able to create files again.

@Admin said:
There was a technical issue on the MonstaFTP server which might have caused this issue. The issue has been fixed now so you should be able to create files again.

It’s working, thank you!