Open_basedir

My web site : http://emoncmsew.great-site.net/

Warning : file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/var/log/emoncms/emoncms.log) is not within the allowed path(s): (/php_sessions:/tmp:/var/www/errors:/usr/share/pear:/home/vol10_2/epizy.com/epiz_33125311/htdocs) in /home/vol10_2/epizy.com/epiz_33125311/htdocs/Lib/EmonLogger.php on line 41

Warning : is_writable(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/var/log/emoncms/emoncms.log) is not within the allowed path(s): (/php_sessions:/tmp:/var/www/errors:/usr/share/pear:/home/vol10_2/epizy.com/epiz_33125311/htdocs) in /home/vol10_2/epizy.com/epiz_33125311/htdocs/Lib/EmonLogger.php on line 49

Warning : file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/var/log/emoncms/emoncms.log) is not within the allowed path(s): (/php_sessions:/tmp:/var/www/errors:/usr/share/pear:/home/vol10_2/epizy.com/epiz_33125311/htdocs) in /home/vol10_2/epizy.com/epiz_33125311/htdocs/Lib/EmonLogger.php on line 41

Warning : is_writable(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/var/log/emoncms/emoncms.log) is not within the allowed path(s): (/php_sessions:/tmp:/var/www/errors:/usr/share/pear:/home/vol10_2/epizy.com/epiz_33125311/htdocs) in /home/vol10_2/epizy.com/epiz_33125311/htdocs/Lib/EmonLogger.php on line 49

Warning : putenv() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/vol10_2/epizy.com/epiz_33125311/htdocs/locale.php on line 150
{“success”:false,“message”:“L’identifiant ou le mot de passe saisi est vide”}

I’m noob in php but when I want to build an emoncms website it show me this error even the platform shown correctly

This error means that your website is trying to write to a log file at the location /var/log/emoncms/emoncms.log. But since this is a shared server, we can’t let you read or write log files to the system log directory. You’re free to write logs of course, but you have to write them to your website’s directory.

Also, I would like to point out that we provide a website hosting service, as in software whose main purpose it is to produce web pages. Data collection and analysis software is not what our service is intended for, and you may run into issues if you try to use it as such.

And looking at the instructions from emoncms:

Emoncms is designed and tested to run on either Ubuntu Linux (Local, Dedicated machine or VPS) or RaspberryPi OS. It should work on other Debian Linux systems though we dont test or provide documentation for installation on these.

We do not recommend and are unable to support installation on shared hosting or XAMPP servers, shared hosting in particular has no or limited capabilities for running some of the scripts used by emoncms.

They recommend to run their software in a (low cost / low end) computer in your own home, and recommend against using web hosting. I strongly agree with their recommendation.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.