OpenDocMan

I’m not sure. But if you create a file in that directory with the name .htaccess and the contents Require all denied, then nobody will be able to access the files directly either.

If you’re installing to a subdirectory, then sure, you can do that. You could even rewrite the whoel thing with .htaccess rules. But I would suggest first trying to install it directly to the htdocs folder.

3 Likes

Hi Greenreader9,

Ha, thank you very much. Meanwhile I will try to install and load a document to check if it is private. I am using the non-softacoulous method, not yet succeed but there is some progress. :smile:

Sincerely,
Ben

1 Like

Hi Greenreader9,

i just installed this opendocman. I just upload 3 non-confidential files. You may refer to attached “opendocmannew”.
my datadir folder is
/home/vol19_2/epizy.com/epiz_28884853/htdocs/opendocman-1.4.4-release/templates_c/bentest123

Not sure public can access the documents and change?

Sincerely,
Ben

Since it is within the /htdocs folder, it is usually publicly accessible (But you can add password protection and more so it is not). The best way to tell is to open a browser or device that has not loaded your site yet and attempt to navigate to the URL of one of the documents to see what it does.

Glad you got it installed!

Hi Greenreader9,

OK, I will follow your advice and get my colleague to test from his computer which do not have any opendocman installation.

Thank you,
Ben

1 Like

Hi Admin,

Can I check with you? I installed this OpenDocMan successfully. However, the email notification function of the OpenDocMan seems not working. Is it because I am using a free version of this webserver so there is no email notification function or the reason is some others?

Thank you,
Ben Lee

Probably because the mail() function is disabled on free hosting, so you cannot use it. SMTP is allowed though. According to Google, there should be a place you can set up SMTP in settings. I recommend using a Google account or an SMTP service for this.

1 Like

Hi Greenreader9,

Thanks for sharing that there is a SMTP…is it possible you can share the how to setup SMTP too? Unlike adobe photoshop or other software, not much available video tutorial about OpenDocMan.

Hi Greenreader9,

I think I give up on OpenDocMan. I come across OpenKM. It seems to be available in free opensource and provides nice modern GUI like windows.

I will try and see if it can be installed here.

Thank you.
Sincerely,
Ben

2 Likes

It can’t.
It was written in Java, not PHP.

1 Like

Hi Alexvf,

Thanks a lot. Will keep this account as I learn a lot from here. Maybe next time I need this for Joomla. Will scout some other web account for the OpenKM installation.

Sincerely,
Ben Lee

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.