Permissions

Using github as filestorage is forbidden and it is against their TOS.
For reference

Oh. Thanks for informing me. I didn’t knew that.

Do you know free alternative to Amazon S3?

Use Google Drive api to upload to google drive, and get them out via drv.tw

I don’t know anything about it. Can you explain me about getting files out via drv.tw

Use this guide to host it, I am sorry I am in a hurry today

1 Like

tw.drv hosts websites from google drive. It don’t support Wordpress and PHP.

Yes, I didnt tell you to go host it there, use google drive api to upload them and get the files out via a custom domain like cdn.if.net

1 Like

Well, umm, this is too hard for me to understand. I don’t have this much deep knowledge.
If someone can guide me from creating api to setting it up in wordpress, I might be able to do that.

Uploading profile images as part of a normal site, say a forum, is no problem at all. The problem is if you allow people to upload arbitrary files to your site for the purpose of storage or sharing. That’s a file hosting/sharing site and we don’t allow those.

But some uploading capabilities are a normal part of websites, which includes things like profile images in a social site, product images in a shopping site, etc.

3 Likes

Thanks. My doubt is now clear.
I’m happy that at least I can allow users to upload profile images.

Hello there,
I might help you with the custom upload thingy if you can give me on what are you trying to do?(aka I am helping you!)

1 Like

My profile image doubt is clear. But can you guide me on how to connect Google Drive to my website so that when users upload zips or any other files, it will get automatically stored in Google Drive and can access it when needed?

Yeah sure, but I need some help from your side, like what are you trying to achieve?
Is it a CMS?
or a premade script?

Its a premade script.

What script?
(it might have that option already)

BuddyBoss Platform.

Do you have a license for that script?

Sorry. I meant BuddyPress Platform. I am making it on buddypress. Don’t mind.

oh okay, so the wp plugin?