Phone view on app cutting off pictures and website

Hi there. I notice when I am in the website editor, there are options for viewing your website in Wide, Tablet, etc. There’s a checkmark above the phone view that stays there even when I am on wide view. I can edit my website on wideview, but when I go to view it, the website is being cut off, and literally half of pictures being shown, and doesn’t change from phone view on the left and right sides where it cuts off the rest of my website. Basically like I said it’s letting me edit in wide view, but it’s not stopping from only showing what can be seen in phone view. Does this have something to do with that checkmark above phone even when I click wide view that stays above phone? Can I change that? I don’t want my website pictures and stuff being only able to be phone view, because then when you view the website online and see on the left and right being cut off, it’s just a small middle amount of the website being about to be viewed. How can I change it to wide so that it actually goes to wide view? Thank-you

much regards
Matthew

When you have selected the wide view, click the “XXX version” ribbon in the top right corner to also publish the version you’re looking at now (rather than relying on automatic conversion).

Ok this is what I did: I tried editing on wide, moved everything around, (because I had to…it was a mess) and published it while looking at it all in wide. The website CUT it off on the left and right and MAKES it phone view no matter what and I loose half my website, so I had to squish everything back together into mobile view, nothing except the background is getting CUT off.

Did you click the “XXX version” ribbon? Because only if the ribbon shows a checkmark will the alternate version be published.

I cant find anything like what you describe at the top right of my screen. Can you post a photo somewhere for me? I can show you what i see to prove theirs no xxx button

Click 3 dots on your browser - Request Desktop Site

@MeChopLizard said:
I cant find anything like what you describe at the top right of my screen. Can you post a photo somewhere for me? I can show you what i see to prove theirs no xxx button

“XXX” is a placeholder text. I can be any of the layout options provided. It could be “Wide version:”, “Desktop version:” etc. It’s a ribbon in the top right corner, that’s the important thing to see.