PHP Extensions

Hi, I need to connect to a different server using MongoDB. Can I have the mongodb php extension activated? If yes, how? Thanks in advance, TJ

We don’t have MongoDB on our servers, so I don’t see any reason to install MongoDB extensions.

And I would highly recommend against using databases outside your hosting account. The increased latency due to physical distance between the datacenters will kill your website speed. Also, such connects are usually not secured.

Thanks for your input. We’re ok with the latency for now and we only have dummy data in the db. Is it possible to install the MongoDB extension even with the limitation you mentioned in your post?

@Techjoiner said:
Thanks for your input. We’re ok with the latency for now and we only have dummy data in the db. Is it possible to install the MongoDB extension even with the limitation you mentioned in your post?

It’s shared hosting, you can’t install custom PHP extensions and it’s not possible for us to install PHP extensions for individual accounts. And because of the reasons I mentioned before, I don’t think having this extension will benefit many users. Your use case is just too specific for free hosting I think.

OK, thanks