Please Help A Newbie

Hello everybody, I am just starting making my first site here, and although I know Joomla fairly well, I have only worked on making suites offline…

The problem I have, is when somebody logs into my site, they are not seeing the same homepage as I am seeing, they are seeing index2.html, which is in HTDOCS, as opposed to my Joomla homepage, index.php, which is in the default Joomla30 installation directory…

So my question is, the first of many I am sure, how do I tell it to open the Joomla homepage, as opposed to the one it is opening now, I don’t want to delete anything from the cPanel, ideally I would bypass it totally and work entirely in Joomla, is that possible? Thank you very much in advance

Paul

I checked your account, and it looks like you installed your script to example.epizy.com/joomla30/ rather than example.epizy.com. If your site is new, the easiest way to fix this is by deleting the old installation and installing the script again with Softaculous (make sure the In Directory field contains the right value).

Alternatively, you could try to move your installation. You can probably find a tutorial online which will tell you all the values you need to change.

It installed to the default directory, I didn’t specify it to go anywhere, so if it’s gone in the wrong place, it’s because of a flaw in softilicious… I don’t even want to use the Cpanel in any way to be honest, I want to solely use Joomla, I installed Joomla, it put it in a directory, I can’t see what I can do about that… So is there anyway I can ignore all the Cpanel stuff, it’s not very good is it, and work solely in Joomla… Which directory does Joomla need to be installed in… Here is a link to my file manager, there is no example.com directory, just a root directory, which I can’t save in, as I have tried, with my own .htaccess file… this whole experience, is very underwhelming I must say, I’ve created sites in twenty minutes with my local host server, but using this, is slowing the process considerably… It could be worse, I could be paying for it… I’m thinking of re - installing Joomla, but it’s just going to put it in the same directory isn’t it…

https://infinityfree.net/accounts/epiz_20894772/files

I have uninstalled Joomla, and re - installed it in the /directory, and yet I still have the same problem, with that rotten infinityfree page being shown instead of my Joomla index.php page, even though I have deleted the file, it still haunts me… So what am I doing wrong now please Admin??

The “In Directory” field should be empty, if you want the script to be installed to the root of the domain. What did you enter there?

i just stuck it in htdocs, and it sorted itself out, the joomla30 directory was the problem I should have looked I just did the default installation…