Please help me domain,dns,cloudlfare

Sorry,English:

But i want to “trade” the url for my site i want to trade “futurebundles.epizy.com” by “lojafortnitept.com” I will be able to do it where, I will also need to point to the Infinity free DNS servers how do I do it?

Only lojafortnitept.com can use CloudFlare nameservers. You need to add lojafortnitept.com as an addon domain to Infinityfree.

These are the rest of things you have to do:-

1.Point your domain to Infinity free nameservers and create a account(If you already done skip this)

2.Now go to dash.cloudflare.com/sign-up

3.Enter the details , Signup and point to the respective Nameservers provided by Cloudflare(Dns propagation can take up to 24 hrs)

4.Once everything is complete go to DNS and Create A type record and with Name as @ and points to IP shown in your client area

5.Create another A type record with Name as www points to the same IP shown in Client area

6.If you create sub-domains you should Create A type record like In name it should be like sub-domain name and in IP the same IP shown in client area.Should add another record with name like www.subdomain and point to IP

2 Likes

please help me, it is a mess and i am very confused, i have a personalized domain and registered with hostgator, when i joined your web hosting “infinityfree” i was given the choice to have a free url with domain like for example " … epizy.com “and now I want to change this” futurebundles.epizy.com “for” lojafortnitept.com "without redirects, just change it but at the same time I would like to have the cloudflare protection service protecting the site, it would be possible ? Can any admin log into my account and do everything right without any error? If not, I will tell you everything for now and then fix it, I have your dns servers pointing to “lojafortnitept.com” on hostgator and also activated by cpanel the cloudflare service, if it is on the cname tab there is no record there, should it? then i would also like to have a SSL / TLS certificate with the cloudlfare service but first everything would have to be working (I think) Video showing everything i said:

I don’t have the cloudflare service yet, that’s what I wanted to say I’m sorry I’m sorry

No one will do for you. You are your own admin! Pls do not do multiple posting.

1 Like

Looking at your website’s DNS settings, you have correctly pointed your domain to the InfinityFree nameservers. If you want to use Cloudflare for your site, follow these steps:

Adding your site to Cloudflare

1. Log in to your Cloudflare account (I am assuming you already have one) and add your domain lojafortnitept.com

2. Change your domain’s nameservers to the ones Cloudflare has given you. Remember, this may take up to 24/48 hours to fully take effect, but it usually only takes 30 minutes for Cloudflare to recognise the change.

3. Go to the “DNS” tab/section on top of your domain’s dashboard in Cloudflare.

4. Add a CNAME record with a value of www and a host of your main domain. You can find this in your control panel here: image Repeat this step again but this time using @ as the value instead of www.

5. Go to the “SSL” tab/section and make sure the security level is set to high.

6. Follow these steps to create a free SSL for your sit HOWEVER make sure you create those CNAME records INSIDE CLOUDFLARE and not the control panel. Additionally, make sure these CNAME records are not proxied (with an orange cloud). If they are, deactivate the orange cloud by clicking on it so it is grey and save your changes.: How to create the CNAME records for free SSL - Docs - InfinityFree Forum

7. Follow these steps to install the SSL certificate that has been generated in the client area: How to install an SSL certificate - Docs - InfinityFree Forum

8. Wait a few minutes and your website should be working correctly, behind Cloudflare with SSL.

Additional information

The SSL certificate you have generated needs to be renewed every 3 months. You should receive an email reminding you closer to the expiration date. When that time comes, follow steps 7-8 again to renew your certificate. Make sure to not remove the CNAME records required for domain verification that was given otherwise you will have to add those records again.

The method I described above will ensure maximum security between the client and the server. I often see people just change the SSL level to Flexible, which creates a weak, unencrypted link between Cloudflare and the server. Adding the SSL certificate will allow true full encryption.

3 Likes

I merged the posts about the custom domain setup. You’re free to create a new topic for a different issue, or ask followup questions in the original topic, just please don’t do both.

3 Likes

I already did the whole process, now just wait, I have one more question, the “gray cloud” (dns only) is to be activated in the 4 new cname that I added in the cloudflare control panel or it is just the registrations to win the ssl free certeficate do they have to have only DNS? Thanks

and more questions, do I install the certificated ssl on the cloudflare dashboard and take the Reserved Domains (Aliases) in the cpanel of my website?

The orange cloud needs to be activated for the 2 CNAME records which point to your website, the other 2 for the free ssl can remain grey, which is enough to generate your SSL certificate.
For the free ssl you recieve, you only need to install it in your cPanel.

2 Likes

like this?

what you can do is download all the things you have in your htdocs or something like that and transfer it to your other domain.

is it necessary to do this?

it’s the only solution that I can think of

and if your page has a login you have to transfer all the users from that base to another.

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

but what will that do? it won’t change anything about the domain

Set the destination to the ones provided on the SSL page in your client area. Do not set them to point to your root domain.

The “Target” in Cloudflare is what we call the “Destination”. So you need to copy the thing from the Destination row in the client area and put it in the Target field in Cloudflare.

The naming of things like this is not very consistent across providers. So as a general recommendation: try to match the fields you see in one system to fields you see in another system. Just coming up with your own values usually doesn’t work.

4 Likes

everything is already set up correctly, I already have the ssl certificate and I’ve done everything but my only final question is, the certificate I created is for the “lojafortnitept.com” domain and the free domain when I created the website is "futurebundles.epizy. com "and it is not possible to place certain ssl certificates in this domain because it is not a registered domain, how do I do it? if it is in "parked domains (aliases) or additional domains you will ask me to change the dns of my custom domain what do I do now? Please help me

can u please answer me?

Not sure if this will help…