Please help! Server DNS / Cname Business

My website URL is: www.demonicbreedables.com

What I’m seeing is:NOTHING at all

I do not know anywhere that i can find the right words or letters or combination to hook up my website’s cname so that it can start working. I’ve tried doing ping for my main domain, and the ip address that is connected to it, but all it does is request timed out, 100% packet loss.

I’m using No Software:

Any help, including knowledgebase links, will help greatly! thank you!

From this KB article, but edited by me to include the screenshot above the part of the tutorial:

Using A records

Warning: the IP address of your account may change without warning or notification. Using our nameservers is recommended, and using CNAME records is preferred over using A records.

The IP address associated with a hosting account cannot be found in the control panel, but you can find it yourself. To do so, you will need to look up the IP address associated with your account’s main domain.

You can find the IP address using the dig utility installed on macOS or Linux, or use a web-based tool, like Google’s Dig tool. In the web tool, enter your account’s main domain (see screenshot above) and click the button saying “A”. You can find the IP address in the resulting output.

For subdomains, you can create a CNAME record pointing your subdomain to the main domain of your account.

1 Like

I’ve tried doing ping for my main domain, and the ip address that is connected to it, but all it does is request timed out, 100% packet loss.

I will do the quote of the quote of what Admin said about how to find the IP and etc:

I did that. i found the IP address by using MS Dos, doing PING on the main domain, which gave me the IP Address rather easily. its a simple thing to do if you know how.

the problem is, is that my IP Address (Which is the exact same as the google’s Dig tool) is returning a 100% packet loss, aka it is not communicating under any circumstances. I’ve used other IP Ping services to test this as well, and they’re reporting that there is no packet returns either.

I know how to ping domains.

The packet loss happens because the IP address of the server is open only to HTTP responses, not to ping responses, and it fails because of that. So try to use a web browser to connect to it and it will work.

I know how to ping domains.

Forgive me, i didnt mean to insinuate that you didnt know.

Hmm. it says suspended, but… i’ve not even started yet O.o…

You can’t access main domains directly, because they redirect to suspendeddomain.org. They are just identifiers of the account, and they don’t serve your website.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.