Please How do I fix cURL error?

Hello,
I tried installing the JetPack plugin to make my site faster. But I was hitting an error (SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate) so I decided to download the plugin directly and then upload it to my site. it’s installed and activated successfully, but whenever I edit a setting on the plugin it shows “Error updating settings. JsonParseError”

I even installed the Really Simple SSL plugin. But even in the plugin I still keep getting that error (SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate)

Please what should I do?

If a plugin doesn’t work, and it isn’t a core functon, then i reccomend just deleting it

This is a common issue caused by the OpenSSL update a few months ago. The only way you can fix this is by disabling SSL Verifying. If you were using file_get_contents I could give a solution that works. However I rarely use cURL, so I can only provide what the internet tells me:

Try looking at this:

I found this on a Github Support page:

You can force Jetpack to communicate via HTTP only, by adding this constant to your site’s wp-config.php file:

define( 'JETPACK_CLIENT__HTTPS', 'NEVER' );
1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: cURL error 60:SSL certificate problem: