Pointing a subdomain to nameserver

Let’s say I own example.com, but I use a different hosting website to host that site and it’s pointing at their nameservers. If I want to point subdomain.example.com to InfinityFree but still using the same nameservers how do I do that?

Thanks

U can try adding NS records in your subdomain dns

1 Like

Sorry could you explain further - where would I do that and what would I do?

Delegate a subdomain

To delegate a subdomain such as internal.example.com, tell DNS resolvers where to find the zone file:

1. Log in to the Cloudflare dashboard.

2. Click the appropriate Cloudflare account.

3. Select the domain that contains the subdomain to be delegated.

4. Click the DNS app.

5. Create NS records for the subdomain. For example:

internal.example.com NS ns1.externalhost.com
internal.example.com NS ns2.externalhost.com
internal.example.com NS ns3.externalhost.com

6 Likes

What’s Cloudflare?

Cloudflare is a website security company, providing content delivery network services, DDoS mitigation, Internet security, and distributed domain name dns services.

5 Likes

@anon2458064 @anon77371365 What if I’m not with cloudfare? You have to change nameservers to setup with them - what if I don’t want to change my nameservers!

1 Like

That’s a loaded question tbh! If you are using IF nameservers you cant :frowning_face:

Kindly Use DNS Management Like cloudflare to do these.

4 Likes

I don’t understand this @anon12237952

I mean You can use DNS Managements Like Cloudflare so you Manage the DNS Records and Point things to Specific IP and Make possible what you are saying

Sorry for bad english

I don’t think the control panel will let you add arbitrary subdomains to your account.

So what you can do is this:

1. Point the entire domain name to our nameservers.
  2. Add the domain as an Addon Domain.
  3. Create the desired subdomain through the Subdomains section.
  4. Move your domain name back to your own nameservers.
  5. Add a DNS record for your subdomain pointing it to your website IP.

It’s a bit hacky, yes, but what you’re doing is not really a formally supported use case.

Also, please don’t create multiple topics for a single question.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.