Problem accessing new website

I'm new here today and trying to access my new website (it's just the default index2.html at the moment) but I keep getting redirected to an rf.gd "related links" page and not my index2.html.

I think the issue may be something to do with my chosen site name having a minus sign(hyphen) in it, which is DNS valid, I suspect this might be the case as I have created a 2nd site without the hyphen and that works as expected and I see the "Let's Make Something Awesome" page.

What can I do to get access to the with-hyphen site?

many thanks in advance,

hi
the standard name for the first page is index

and that is also important for SEO

you need to define the starting/home page
in .htaccess file inside of your htdocs folder

# start here
DirectoryIndex index.html

if starting page don't exist - make it

if you use php then index.php
if you use regular html then index.html
you choose name....

one can also do something like this

`DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm index.php`

server first go and check if exists index.html
if not then check index.htm
and if it does not exist, it will try to serve index.php

means what you put first

teejay said:
keep getting redirected to an rf.gd "related links" page and not my index2.html.
https://infinityfree.net/support/why-doesnt-my-domain-work/
OxyDac said:
hi
the standard name for the first page is index
and that is also important for SEO

you need to define the starting/home page
in .htaccess file inside of your htdocs folder

`# start here
DirectoryIndex index.html `

Thanks OxyDac, but these are already set up in the default installation and set to use index2.html which is the "Let's Make Something Awesome" page. I've not changed anything from the default yet and this works perfectly for my other site without the hyphen in the name.

MrJunior said:
teejay said:
keep getting redirected to an rf.gd "related links" page and not my index2.html.
https://infinityfree.net/support/why-doesnt-my-domain-work/
Thanks MrJunior, I guess I'll have to wait until 72hrs is up before I can be sure if the problem is something else. I agree with you that it's definitely DNS related though, as overriding in my local hosts file makes the site accessible. What's odd is that It's been about 12hrs and still not updated when my site with identical name but without the hyphen, which was created shortly after the 1st, was accessible via DNS after just a few minutes.