Problems with SMTP servers

Yes, gmail works, because it is built in to the plugin

Arghh, I’m going to try contacting yandex because on my end, everything seems perfect… The yandex server is just disconnecting when I try to send mail. Any more help would be greatly appreciated!

Did you enable use portal password in your mail settings?

nope just app password

Thank you! I found I had mistyped some info :confused:! The plugin is now working correctly except for the fact that the plugin is showing a new “error” message:

Action Needed : It doesn’t look like the SPF record required by your SMTP server has been added to your domain. Please contact your SMTP server provider for details on how to find the SPF record, and how to add this record to your domain’s DNS.

I can’t add SPF records due to infinityfree not supporting TXT records (is there any way to add SPF records?) I am currently in touch with the yandex team and I will keep you in touch :slight_smile:

EDIT: I just remembered that you can add SPF records via cPanel. There is an option for it :slight_smile:

The only way you can add TXT records is by using a 3rd party DNS management system like Cloudflare.

Use this tutorial to help you:

4 Likes

Thank you! I figured out the SPF records before you replied, but I will need to use Cloudfare to add dmarc records. Do I need cloudfare to add DMARC records?

I have had problems with cloudfare because cloudfares SSL clashed with my SSL i had registered with infinityfree. Will all my existing dns records on infinityfree be still there?

You may have to transfer them, but generally Cloudflare automatically detects them.

1 Like

ok

Will changing nameservers remove anything on my website?

2 Likes

Our control panel has a section called “SPF Records” for this.

DMARC and DKIM cannot be set here though.

2 Likes

Ok, was going to write about DKIM too

I have now linked cloudflare and am seeing another error when I send emails :roll_eyes:. When I recieved an email with gmail from my domain. It shows the following message on the profile icon:
Gmail Couldn’t Verify that Domain Actually Sent This Message (and not a spammer)

SPF is set by the way!

I researched and found you need to upload DKIM, SPF, and PTR to remove the message.

As I mentioned, SPF is already set, but how do I add DKIM and PTR to cloudflare DNS editor. I want to use cloudflare for DNS editing becasue:

PTR requires some IP address thing (don’t know what to do there) and DKIM has a weird setup. Thanks for all the help!

Correct

As a txt record. You can find the DKIM text in Yandex admin pannel.

I’m not sure if this is needed. I set up only the DKIM and the message disappears for my domain.

Best of luck!

2 Likes

Thanks @Greenreader9 !

I figured it out and now the warning question mark on the profile pic is gone… I uploaded my profile pic from yandex, is there anyway for that profile pic to show on the users end in gmail?

(On yandex, my profile pic is perfectly fine, but to gmail users, they only see a default silhouette grey icon.)

PTR is something that’s set on the mail server IP. Only the network owner of the mail server can set this. If your mail server IP does not have a PTR record, then the administrator of the mail server needs to fix that.

The DKIM records are just more TXT records, but have some cryptographic stuff embedded into it. The mail provider should provide the record name and value for you to use, the exact values usually vary by domain name.

Hello, solutions are in my hand. Don’t use Yandex.Mail it’s fake. Use Zoho, it’s totally working is purely receiving and sending messages like a real G-Suite service. I have used Yandex, and it didn’t work, so I jumped on Zoho. And my emails working fine and so is my domain. Zoho will give quality and reality. And my YouTube business is too going to start today, so I am doing some last minute preparations, so I am happy at the movement. And if my solution worked subscribe my channel (I am using the free service too) :wink: *wink

Yes, I found my code in the admin area in yandex.