Problems with SMTP servers

Thank you! I figured out the SPF records before you replied, but I will need to use Cloudfare to add dmarc records. Do I need cloudfare to add DMARC records?

I have had problems with cloudfare because cloudfares SSL clashed with my SSL i had registered with infinityfree. Will all my existing dns records on infinityfree be still there?

You may have to transfer them, but generally Cloudflare automatically detects them.

1 Like

ok

Will changing nameservers remove anything on my website?

2 Likes

Our control panel has a section called “SPF Records” for this.

DMARC and DKIM cannot be set here though.

2 Likes

Ok, was going to write about DKIM too

I have now linked cloudflare and am seeing another error when I send emails :roll_eyes:. When I recieved an email with gmail from my domain. It shows the following message on the profile icon:
Gmail Couldn’t Verify that Domain Actually Sent This Message (and not a spammer)

SPF is set by the way!

I researched and found you need to upload DKIM, SPF, and PTR to remove the message.

As I mentioned, SPF is already set, but how do I add DKIM and PTR to cloudflare DNS editor. I want to use cloudflare for DNS editing becasue:

PTR requires some IP address thing (don’t know what to do there) and DKIM has a weird setup. Thanks for all the help!

Correct

As a txt record. You can find the DKIM text in Yandex admin pannel.

I’m not sure if this is needed. I set up only the DKIM and the message disappears for my domain.

Best of luck!

2 Likes

Thanks @Greenreader9 !

I figured it out and now the warning question mark on the profile pic is gone… I uploaded my profile pic from yandex, is there anyway for that profile pic to show on the users end in gmail?

(On yandex, my profile pic is perfectly fine, but to gmail users, they only see a default silhouette grey icon.)

PTR is something that’s set on the mail server IP. Only the network owner of the mail server can set this. If your mail server IP does not have a PTR record, then the administrator of the mail server needs to fix that.

The DKIM records are just more TXT records, but have some cryptographic stuff embedded into it. The mail provider should provide the record name and value for you to use, the exact values usually vary by domain name.

Hello, solutions are in my hand. Don’t use Yandex.Mail it’s fake. Use Zoho, it’s totally working is purely receiving and sending messages like a real G-Suite service. I have used Yandex, and it didn’t work, so I jumped on Zoho. And my emails working fine and so is my domain. Zoho will give quality and reality. And my YouTube business is too going to start today, so I am doing some last minute preparations, so I am happy at the movement. And if my solution worked subscribe my channel (I am using the free service too) :wink: *wink

Yes, I found my code in the admin area in yandex.

Best of Luck!

I also don’t like yandex because it doesn’t have some key features that other programs (like Zoho) are missing, but I already started using yandex and to start migrating betweeen yandex and zoho would be a hard and long task. Thanks for stating this though!

1 Like

Is there any way to migrate FULLY from yandex to some other email service? I thought that I could transfer my email to another service once I used yandex to verify and setup my actual domain. Or am I stuck with yandex forever? If this is possible, then maybe I could switch to something like zoho.

AFAIK Zoho doesn’t provide SMTP (and IMAP and POP) access on their free accounts anymore. So there’s that reason to use Yandex.

And of course, you’re never stuck with an email provider. You can just change the MX records of your domain to point to a different email provider to receive email, and remove the SPF and DKIM for Yandex so they can’t send email on your behalf anymore.

3 Likes

Ok! Thanks @Admin! What about the profile pics:

The profile icon thing is not something inherent to email, it’s something implemented by the email providers themselves. So Gmail can show profile icons from Google accounts and Yandex Mail can show profile icons from Yandex accounts. But there is no standardized way to do this across email providers.

Some email providers may also use Gravatar, which does work across many websites. But then it’s up to the email provider whether they use those or not.

3 Likes

Ok Thanks very much!