Problems

Then perhaps make a note that 1 meg is the max file size … or in the ftp client add a line … 10 meg file limit… it would have saved me hours and about 60 megs of data use …
Strangley enough other hosts have no prob uploading 10 meg and then unzip is a few seconds … your file manager took minutes to upload … near 10 minutes to unzip 1000 of 5000 files and then simply quit and deleted the original zip …

“The best way to upload your zip file to your account is to not do so in the first place.” Now that is really priceless advice ! If it does not work then don’t use it … obviously then you are aware it does not work … how bout try fix it instead ? That would make sense…

I probably would not have done that if your installer actually installed the catalog software I wanted properly in the first place … but it didn’t … so one looks at other alternatives… upload the zip and manually install the same thing … yes I could have extracted and then uploaded and at turtle speed with broken connections every thirty seconds I probably would have been uploading for 2 -3 days …

Thank You … but I don’t have to do that on other hosts … they just work normally on cpanel and do all one wants done … a click or two and a second and it all works as it normally should … which is what I also expected here … it was a surprise to discover here that nothing normal seems to work at all …a folder copy onlyworks in same dir and only copies half then quits … really ? what is that idea ?

WOW ! Look at all the error posts in the forum … I am surprised and I thought I was the only one having some unique problem … seems lots of other people also have a lot bigger problems … probably trying to run a production site instead of just a test to see how the free host is first before committing to buying anything … so far I am not impressed… if this is free and how it works … I sure would have to dislike paying money for more of the same … so far I can say chances of selling me much are slim to none … as I said … it’s not very impressive… the cpanel stuff is pretty much junk when and if it might work if ever … what good is a database if the phpmyadmin never loads and what good is a software installation automatic where its full of errors and the app don’t work … or spending hours trying to make it work … ??? Here you might spend a week trying to figure out how to just upload a file and unzip it … or several hours trying to have a database connection that actually works to edit anything… uploading files by ftp… if you can ever have a connection that stays connected … plan on a couple hours at least … or more reconnecting… and reconnecting and redoing and reconnecting … go daddy was a crappy paid host, same shit and tons of spam emails after - a year later … this one takes second place as a free.host … and in contrast … I use several other places that “just work” … no problem at all paid and free… this was just a waste of a couple days of my time … so far.

They’re working perfectly. But not in every device! Of course you’re new to infinityfree cpanel. The reason why phpmyadmin is not loading because it’s updating so it’s under maintenance and and not working smoothly.

These errors aren’t technically fatal errors. Probably a user-self coding bug or server services was in maintenance.

Of course EVERY HOST has good points and bad points. So try to see the good points instead

2 Likes

MIght be new to infinity … but not new to cpanel or phpmyadmin … been using both for the last ten or more years … updating ??? either it works or it don’t … or the host has it slowed down so as to be so difficult to use that one then pays … read the info … if you want better access buy a plan … but a free site that basically don’t work isn’t worth much is it ?
So far I have not found any good points … two installs and nither of them work properly … file uploads are just useless… sql is pretty much unuseable … what is good ? Please do tell …

A support forum without errors is not an indication of a good working service, it’s an indication of a service without users.

A support forum is for people to ask for help if they get errors. So naturally, a support forum is full of errors.

Also, funny that you mention “unique” problems. Because if out of the hundreds of thousands of websites we host there is only one who has a particular problem, that’s usually a good indicator that it’s not the hosting, but the specific website, which is causing the problem.

If they are, then they haven’t been paying attention.

Because this is the thing we’ve written on our very home page:

Is InfinityFree a demo, trial or sample for premium hosting?

Absolutely not! InfinityFree is fully featured, completely free website hosting. We provide promotional offers for alternative, premium services for people looking for more, but their services are very different. InfinityFree is not a representation of these offers.

If you, or anyone else reading this, is considering to evaluate iFastNet’s premium hosting, then please, evaluate iFastNet’s premium hosting. Using our free hosting to evaluate iFastNet is to use Google Maps to see whether you should buy a Samsung phone. Yes, the software for both is made by Google, but that doesn’t mean they are the same.

I’m sorry, but what are you looking to get here? If you hate InfinityFree so much, why on earth are you still here?

What is good are many of the things of our service which are apparently working fine for hundreds of thousands of people, except for you. If our service is as broken for everyone as it is for you now, do you really think we’d have this many active webmasters?

If you’re happy with another provider and not with us, please don’t let me or anyone else here stop you from going with that provider. If the entire service has been working poorly for you so far, I completely understand why you don’t want to stay with us.

If you would like to stay with us, try to fix these issues together and make our service work well for you, that’s great! But we need your help to do that. Because we can only help you if you provide us with clear, concise issue descriptions we can try to tackle.

On the other hand, saying our services are junk and everything is broken is not going to help anyone here help you.

3 Likes

Well, for a start … your reply box don’t work worth a "SHT** can’t select, edit or use any items on the menu to bold or italic…
That said … no prob… I have no plans to use your services … as a matter of fact you can delete all accounts I made… there you go … problem solved …very simple.
If your stuff actually worked and reasonably, probably I would use it, but again … stay and fix the issues … well then get busy fixing them … I told you what some of them were already … that is your job not mine … I also go told all about multiple topics, hijacking topics and a variety of satuff by YOUR admin that really has nothing to do with the actual issue… A< B and C… do NOT work … I am letting you know that is not working… it works everywhere else … just not here … see ?

I’ve merged all your topics into this one. The content of most of them all drifted towards the same tone and points, and I wanted to post one final reply to all of them.

I’m not going to comment on the contents of your previous points specifically, because I fear we’re just going to end up in a flame war which is not going to achieve anything except for pissing both of us off even more.

Instead, I would like to ask you one final question: how do you want to move on from here?

I can see two possible ways we can move forward.

We try to overcome the issues you’re experiencing together. If we can work together in a practical and respectful way, I still believe we can make InfinityFree work for you.

In order to do this, I’m asking you to create a separate topic for each individual problem you experience. In these topics, please describe the problem you experience, and include as many details about the issue as you can. What are you trying to do? How are you trying to do it? What do you expect to happen? What actually happens? Include error messages, logs, screenshot and reproduction steps. Explain what you have attempted to solve the issue yourself and what the result was, so we don’t have to suggest it again.

And when people ask clarifying questions or present workarounds, please answer the questions and attempt the workarounds. People can only help you if you work with the people, instead of against them.

InfinityFree hosting is not your standard cPanel hosting. Some things will not work exactly the same as you’re used to with cPanel hosting. So you may need to accept some workarounds which work a bit different from what you’re use to. Some things will be better, some things will be worse. If you’re willing to accept InfinityFree for what it is, instead of what it isn’t, I believe you can enjoy our service as many others do.

We need specific, actionable issue description to help you. If you provide generalized judgement that our service is bad and slow and broken and so much worse than every other service, all we can provide are generalized responses about how our service isn’t that bad. And generalized defenses don’t help you fix your account. So please stop the generalized complaints, because they are not helping anyone.

Alternatively, we say goodbye and part ways here. With how everything has been going so far, I completely understand if you’re thinking right now “f*ck this service, f*ck this forum, f*ck TrustPilot and most of all, f*ck this arrogant admin asshole”.

With how poorly the service has been working for you so far, I completely understand that. I can understand you don’t want to spend the effort to detail all the issues and would just like to go with another provider which offers a service which just works for you.

But if that’s the case, then please, just go. Nobody is forcing you to stay here and use our hosting.

All I want are happy customers. In many cases, people can be happy with our service and with a little bit of help. But in some cases, that means accepting our service is not the right fit for people and wishing them best of luck with a service which works better for them.

Nobody here is forcing you to use InfinityFree hosting, or this forum, or TrustPilot, or is forcing you to waste your time and valuable bandwidth on it.

If you’re happy with your free hosting from another provider or already have paid hosting which works much better, then I’m not going to tell you to move to us. Pick the service which works best for you. And don’t let anyone force you onto any service.

If you see another way to move forward please do share it. If you have any suggestions on how we can move towards a situation where you’re using a service which works for you, I’m happy to consider your suggestion.

Just know that I don’t have a “fix everything” button which I can press to make our service blazing fast, unbreakable, and work exactly as every individual would like it to work.

4 Likes

Moving Forward…
Well, for one the OscMax catalog does not install properly using Softaculous. Categories in admin is a blank white page. Perhaps find the cause and fix it.
Same for Jobber board, it is full of php pear errors.
To install the OscMax manually the zip file is 10.2 meg … you have told me anything over 10 meg won’t upload. Obviously then I can’t install it manually so it does work.
The PhpMyAdmin just is so incredibly slow to load that it is nearly unusable. Perhaps make it faster. Other hosts I use with exact same data connection … DO load instantly.
Filezilla starts an upload then times out. I have no idea why, it does not do that elsewhere on other hosts I use.
Cpanel also often just times out and logs out, again no idea why. Perhaps adjust your timeout settings.
So there you have it, a list.

The good points, you do have multiple sub-domains… there are no ads… there is no requirement to login periodically to be active …

And moving forward … I can’t see how I can use this, if for all intents and purposes I can’t install the software I want to use. I do use paid hosts and also other free hosts and again … exact same data connection and tethering my pc … their stuff does work quite well. Changing to a different internet connection is simply not an option for me due to the nature of my work, there is none available.
Also, I have no problem to install the exact same catalog software on other hosts using the internet I do.
On X10 for example yesterday in about an hour I installed and had working all items I tried to do on your host. Install, files uploaded and database updated. So you see … THAT is the difference. One works fine and the other not at all. But they only have two databases and one has to login every month … I was looking for something better… on examining hosts I selected your service due to features available.

The best way to move on is to tell you that I tried it for a couple days and it simply does not work for me … for you to insist that it does work fine and there is no magic fixit button is just wasting both our time. There are issues and pointing them out appears not to be suitable. Again … using other hosts, I find they DO work fine and I do not encounter these problems. One then has to ask … is it the user or the host that has a problem ?

I wholeheartedly agree that pointing fingers at who’s causing an issue is a waste of time for both of us.

So I leave the decision with you: do you want to work together to try to solve these issues? Or will you just go back to X10Hosting which doesn’t show the issues you’ve been having with our hosting so far? I’m happy to accommodate either of those options.

And if you see another way forward, I’m more than happy to try it, if you can tell me what actions you want me to take.

Because going back to the previous loop of saying which things are broken and making comparisons with other hosting providers because other providers didn’t give you the same problem is, as you said, just a waste of time.

I’ll be watching the topic for any relevant questions or suggestions, but I won’t reply to single sentence issue reports and comparisons anymore, because I really don’t think we’re getting anywhere with them.

3 Likes

Quite so. Lets then get busy solving a problem. This is a problem I encountered on retrying your site. If you care to work constructively then let’s see how this one issue can be fixed. Then move on to another one if you care to work with me to do so … if not, no prob… you go your way and I will go mine … that’s pretty simple.

Here is a specific problem then … oscMax catalog when installed to the main domain root or a folder in root works. The categories page in admin panel is available and all else at a glance appears to be functioning … when installed to any portion of a subdomain root or folder as in oscom.rf.gd subdomain of xxx.rf.gd the categories page is blank. It simply does NOT work at all …

The problem specifically then is that Softaculous app installation to sub-domain or subdomain folders do not work properly.

All else seems to work but that one page is a blank page which renders the entire catalog unusable. Products cannot be added if there is no category to add them to … and no way to see the category page cause it is blank. File not found is the error.

A secondary problem to that is the installer on removal asks to remove files AND database, so select all to reinstall and try again … however it does not remove the database, that has to be done manually before attempting a reinstall. If database also is selected then it should remove it, it does not.

There is a solution of course… don’t use subdomains… just make a new domain for each function desired and then one has fifty logins to remember instead of just one, which is not very practical. It’s much easier to login once and do all one wants to do on one cpanel and also to use subdomains … if everything works as it should.

To reply to the comment on X10 use since you mentioned the matter … I probably still will use them for some things limitedly … after all they have a very nice cpanel, access is very fast and it never times out til I log out… only drawback is everything is suspended every 30 days … one has to login and unsuspend it … which is a pain, but all their stuff does work nicely… click install and it is working. Very time saving … then one gets on with work instead of troubleshooting or trying to find solutions where there are none and wasting a week doing it…

I repeat: please make a new, separate topic for every individual issue. If you would like to solve all these problems, it’s easiest if we can tackle them one by one. By writing one massive posts with many different issues, it’s very easy to confuse symptoms and overlook certain symptoms, and that’s not something that will help either of us.

Also, regarding the problems with oscMax on oscom.rf.gd, can you please try to reinstall the website and then just leave it there? Right now, the domain oscom.rf.gd is already deleted, so I can’t check the state of your website and see what’s broken. So if something breaks, then please leave the pieces there for me to check.

So please try to reinstall oscMax on a subdomain, watch it break, then leave it there, and create a topic to describe the exact main issue you have with that script on that domain. Softaculous not cleaning up the database on removal is already a different issue, so please leave that to another topic.

To prevent further confusion, I will not respond to any specific hosting issues in this topic anymore.

2 Likes

If one was reading carefully … I did say:
“The problem specifically then is that Softaculous app installation to sub-domain or subdomain folders do not work properly.”

It is reinstalled now, use admin pass to login to this page:
http://oscm.rf.gd/catalog/admin123/categories.php
It is in admin panel, catalog menu, categories/products.

I know I said I wouldn’t do it, but I would like to point out again:

To prevent further confusion, I will not respond to any specific hosting issues in this topic anymore.

That said, in this case, I was already able to find out that this happened because of some internal PHP error. The exact error encountered was:

Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/vol11_5/epizy.com/epiz_24409198/oscm.rf.gd/htdocs/catalog/admin123/includes/application_top.php on line 18

I didn’t check, but that error doesn’t look like it’s something that could be explained by Softaculous or the choice of domain names.

Looking at the line of code referenced from the error message, it says this:

error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~'E_DEPRECATED');

Those quotes are wrong and should not be there. This is just poor coding, not an issue with the hosting or with Softaculous.

Scrolling through the rest of the code, I will say that everything in there looks ancient.

So, on a hunch, I downgraded your account to PHP 5.6, and the page appears to work now.

So it appears that this issue was “fixed”. That said, PHP 5.6 is end of life, so I would like to suggest to consider using other eCommerce software, because this software seems to be unmaintained and quite out of date.

2 Likes

Quite so, appreciate the reply and repair.

I got that error also, and I am aware of the php version correcting that.
Strangely enough, prior to install… I did set php in to a lesser version and my cpanel currently just now shows the set version to be 5.4 not 5.6. See below.

" Below shows the current version of php for your site, and also allows you to change the version.
Your Current version of PHP is PHP 5.4
After changing the version here it may take up to 60 seconds for the version to actually change"

Yes it does work now … the categories page has categories.
Yes it is vintage software, however it is made available in the softaculous installer section on your system. Perhaps it needs updating so vintage software does not display… I see there are a number of items with the out of date message in Softaculous.

Please note that the PHP versions are configured on individual domains, not on the entire account. So you can have one domain using PHP 5.4 and another one using PHP 7.3. If you added the oscm.rf.gd subdomain just before setting up this test, it will have been created with the default PHP version 7.3, regardless of what other domains were using.

4 Likes

That’s odd cause it was the oscm.rf.gd cpanel that I was in that told me it was incorrect. I am also aware of the php version error … so it was set prior to install to prevent that idea … in the same cpanel … oscm.rf.gd , maybe it’s not applying properly on the user end ? Is that possible … after all you tell me it’s 5.6 and cpanel informs me it is 5.4. And after you changed it … now it all works … when I changed it … it did not work … perhpas cpanel is not applying changes from the user end ? Can that be possible ?

You know your posting editor really needs a fix… one cannot select or do anything with text to edit spelling errors or change anything written . Beside it is the same box of text that says preview that does nothing … just shows what was written… in the post window … good luck editing … or tell it edit and then wait five minutes … then sometimes it does work …

Can you please clarify what you mean by this? I’m having no trouble selecting text or changing spelling.

That’s because your messages don’t make any use of Markdown, BBCode, HTML or other markup languages. When you do (for example with the quote boxes), you can see the raw BBCode in the editor panel and see the generated quote box in the preview panel.

Also, it has already become clear from some of the other problems that there is something wrong with the network connection between our servers and your device, so that’s why an otherwise quite snappy can be very cumbersome to use. For me, the preview pane is instant, just like many other actions in the forum.

3 Likes

Left hand column where one types into shows no cursor at all.
One has to just click and guess where it might be.
And sometimes it’s just slow as sin… type and wait for letters to appear. Other times like now, cursor shows and typing is normal.
Right hand column shows typed text and highlights but does not allow any changes.

I am not sure why I would have network connection problems, I do not encounter incredibly slow speeds with any other of the several hosts I use. Last login for example I loaded phpmyadmin and it never did load completely after several minutes, if I recall it finally loaded after 4 minutes, trying a smaller sql command of a few lines update tables was about 2 minutes to process … so I just closed it and went to do stuff elsewhere on a different host.

In my experience of running servers years ago using extensive caching serverside to “make it all faster” sometimes does the exact opposite. Might be something to look into.

Maybe the flashing cursor animation is broken for you?

That’s how the editor is supposed to work. The panel on the left allows you to compose your message, the panel on the right let’s you preview it. And since it’s a preview, you can’t edit it directly.

Well, you’re having trouble with phpMyAdmin, the file manager and FTP being slow and unreliable. Any issues can be roughly attributed to the client device, the server, or the connection between them.

However, it’s all quite zippy for me. If the servers were having trouble, many, if not all, people would have trouble with performance. And since nobody says they have the same issues as you do, I think that rules out the server being the problem.

Which leaves either the network connection or the client device. I chose to point out the first one because, unlike the only other option, it doesn’t specifically point at the problem being on your end. A network connection problem could be within your home network connection, within our datacenter network, or anywhere in between.

For phpMyAdmin we don’t do any notable caching. Maybe a bit of sensible headers for static files and some opcode caching, but that’s all pretty standard. Most of the database stack is standard software.

2 Likes