Problems

Installing software: Added JobberBoard, it’s totally full of php errors.
The software admin menus only appear if one mouses over them. Have to hunt for the file to turn off notices… which does not FIX the errors … it refuses to delete or create some items.
Installed OSCMax catalog … it installs fine, just has no categories to add products in the admin - blank white page.
Tried to ftp upload files using filezilla … disconnects in seconds or times out. Uploading a zip… it says successful and the file vanishes.Tried CPanel upload … same issue - times out. Tried uploading a zip… and it does not appear. Tried upload and unzip… an hour later it’s still unzipping a 10 meg zip.
Database issues … PHPMy Admin… takes forever to load, drops connection in seconds sometimes. Try working with that idea !
File manager… how DO you copy or move a folder… no move option anywhere I could find … tried copy … does a partial and times out and takes forever. No option either it seems to copy one database to another either.
PHP options … setting directives … it offers about 4 settings that really are not very useful at all… errors off still shows errors and magic quotes are the only possible settings apparently.

So much for the “FREE” hosting … it’s not much good if common things simply don’t work is it ? Software installers also are not much good either if installs are also defective and don’t work.

And in the process I might add… I am using up my fone wireless data at a remote location tethering my desktop to attempt to do a bunch of stuff that simply does not function …uploading repeatedly only to find nothing works. Basically wasting my data and money. Not happy at all with this hosting. If the free hosting does not work - what are chances that buying a plan will work any better ?

1 Like

If you’re doing all of that over phone tethering connection, than that might be part of the problem. (They are less stable than regualr internet connections) Perhaps try using WiFi or ethernet at a building?

1 Like

Probably I would if that was an option … but I see my regular host that I pay for has no problems … I use the X10 host as well and no problems … so why does this host have these problems using the exact same when other hosts do not … maybe they need to fix their file management, ftp and sql connections so they work …
One needs to also realize that … uploading a zip is just an upload… the unzip is on the server end and don’t work … and one one needs to understand that a browser is just a browser … it does not do the work… it just displays what it sees … none of which is relative to tethering … if a file disappears … why ? If it fails to unzip… that’s on the server end … the browser only shows me if it was or not … and all of that data has no relevence to what the server actually does … it should unzip a file in seconds and the the browser should show me it is done … that is not what happens … instead the broswer ays time out … which does not happen at all with any other sirte I use … so obviously the host is timing out the ability to use aanything … therefore nothing works . Certainly it is a free host … but I used godaddy a while ago … that was just a spam junk incredible experience … pay for every detail … but a super cheap initial offer … my idea now is if the free stuff don’t work at all … why would the paid stuff work any better … ? Pay to see maybe ? Try make the free stuff work normal … then when I see, maybe then I think I can pay and ha @font-face { font-family: Cambria Math; } @font-face { font-family: Calibri; } @page WordSection1 {size: 8.5in 11.0in; margin: 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; } P.MsoNormal { MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: “Calibri”,sans-serif; FONT-SIZE: 11pt } LI.MsoNormal { MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: “Calibri”,sans-serif; FONT-SIZE: 11pt } DIV.MsoNormal { MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: “Calibri”,sans-serif; FONT-SIZE: 11pt } A:link { COLOR: #0563c1; TEXT-DECORATION: underline; mso-style-priority: 99 } SPAN.MsoHyperlink { COLOR: #0563c1; TEXT-DECORATION: underline; mso-style-priority: 99 } A:visited { COLOR: #954f72; TEXT-DECORATION: underline; mso-style-priority: 99 } SPAN.MsoHyperlinkFollowed { COLOR: #954f72; TEXT-DECORATION: underline; mso-style-priority: 99 } P.msonormal0 { FONT-FAMILY: “Calibri”,sans-serif; MARGIN-LEFT: 0in; FONT-SIZE: 11pt; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0in; mso-style-name: msonormal; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto } LI.msonormal0 { FONT-FAMILY: “Calibri”,sans-serif; MARGIN-LEFT: 0in; FONT-SIZE: 11pt; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0in; mso-style-name: msonormal; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto } DIV.msonormal0 { FONT-FAMILY: “Calibri”,sans-serif; MARGIN-LEFT: 0in; FONT-SIZE: 11pt; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0in; mso-style-name: msonormal; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto } SPAN.apple-style-span { mso-style-name: apple-style-span } SPAN.EmailStyle19 { FONT-FAMILY: “Calibri”,sans-serif; COLOR: windowtext; mso-style-type: personal } SPAN.EmailStyle20 { FONT-FAMILY: “Calibri”,sans-serif; COLOR: windowtext; mso-style-type: personal } SPAN.textexposedshow { mso-style-name: text_exposed_show } SPAN.7oe { mso-style-name: _7oe } SPAN.58cl { mso-style-name: _58cl } SPAN.58cm { mso-style-name: _58cm } SPAN.EmailStyle25 { FONT-FAMILY: “Calibri”,sans-serif; COLOR: windowtext; mso-style-type: personal } SPAN.EmailStyle26 { FONT-FAMILY: “Calibri”,sans-serif; COLOR: windowtext; mso-style-type: personal } SPAN.EmailStyle27 { FONT-FAMILY: “Calibri”,sans-serif; COLOR: windowtext; mso-style-type: personal } SPAN.EmailStyle28 { FONT-FAMILY: “Calibri”,sans-serif; COLOR: windowtext; mso-style-type: personal } SPAN.EmailStyle29 { FONT-FAMILY: “Calibri”,sans-serif; COLOR: windowtext; mso-style-type: personal } SPAN.EmailStyle30 { FONT-FAMILY: “Calibri”,sans-serif; COLOR: windowtext; mso-style-type: personal } SPAN.EmailStyle31 { FONT-FAMILY: “Calibri”,sans-serif; COLOR: windowtext; mso-style-type: personal } SPAN.EmailStyle32 { FONT-FAMILY: “Calibri”,sans-serif; COLOR: windowtext; mso-style-type: personal } SPAN.EmailStyle33 { FONT-FAMILY: “Calibri”,sans-serif; COLOR: windowtext; mso-style-type: personal } SPAN.EmailStyle34 { FONT-FAMILY: “Calibri”,sans-serif; COLOR: windowtext; mso-style-type: personal } SPAN.EmailStyle35 { FONT-FAMILY: “Calibri”,sans-serif; COLOR: windowtext; mso-style-type: personal-reply } .MsoChpDefault { FONT-SIZE: 10pt; mso-style-type: export-only } DIV.WordSection1 { page: WordSection1 }

What are you doing ?e

This is an example of how well your host works … as I was typing a reply to you … the below suddenly appeared … where from I have no idea … just popped into the window … so I stopped, posted and proceeded to copy so you can see and rewrite … really ? WTF ?
Obviously this host has to fix a few things… messages just write themselves as you write a reply and appear form nowhere …???

then when I see, maybe then I think I can pay and ha @font-face { font-family: Cambria Math; } @font-face { font-family: Calibri; } @page WordSection1 {size: 8.5in 11.0in; margin: 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; } P.MsoNormal { MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: “Calibri”,sans-serif; FONT-SIZE: 11pt } LI.MsoNormal { MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: “Calibri”,sans-serif; FONT-SIZE: 11pt } DIV.MsoNormal { MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: “Calibri”,sans-serif; FONT-SIZE: 11pt } A:link { COLOR: #0563c1; TEXT-DECORATION: underline; mso-style-priority: 99 } SPAN.MsoHyperlink { COLOR: #0563c1; TEXT-DECORATION: underline; mso-style-priority: 99 } A:visited { COLOR: #954f72; TEXT-DECORATION: underline; mso-style-priority: 99 } SPAN.MsoHyperlinkFollowed { COLOR: #954f72; TEXT-DECORATION: underline; mso-style-priority: 99 } P.msonormal0 { FONT-FAMILY: “Calibri”,sans-serif; MARGIN-LEFT: 0in; FONT-SIZE: 11pt; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0in; mso-style-name: msonormal; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto } LI.msonormal0 { FONT-FAMILY: “Calibri”,sans-serif; MARGIN-LEFT: 0in; FONT-SIZE: 11pt; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0in; mso-style-name: msonormal; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto } DIV.msonormal0 { FONT-FAMILY: “Calibri”,sans-serif; MARGIN-LEFT: 0in; FONT-SIZE: 11pt; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0in; mso-style-name: msonormal; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto } SPAN.apple-style-span { mso-style-name: apple-style-span } SPAN.EmailStyle19 { FONT-FAMILY: “Calibri”,sans-serif; COLOR: windowtext; mso-style-type: personal } SPAN.EmailStyle20 { FONT-FAMILY: “Calibri”,sans-serif; COLOR: windowtext; mso-style-type: personal } SPAN.textexposedshow { mso-style-name: text_exposed_show } SPAN.7oe { mso-style-name: _7oe } SPAN.58cl { mso-style-name: _58cl } SPAN.58cm { mso-style-name: _58cm } SPAN.EmailStyle25 { FONT-FAMILY: “Calibri”,sans-serif; COLOR: windowtext; mso-style-type: personal } SPAN.EmailStyle26 { FONT-FAMILY: “Calibri”,sans-serif; COLOR: windowtext; mso-style-type: personal } SPAN.EmailStyle27 { FONT-FAMILY: “Calibri”,sans-serif; COLOR: windowtext; mso-style-type: personal } SPAN.EmailStyle28 { FONT-FAMILY: “Calibri”,sans-serif; COLOR: windowtext; mso-style-type: personal } SPAN.EmailStyle29 { FONT-FAMILY: “Calibri”,sans-serif; COLOR: windowtext; mso-style-type: personal } SPAN.EmailStyle30 { FONT-FAMILY: “Calibri”,sans-serif; COLOR: windowtext; mso-style-type: personal } SPAN.EmailStyle31 { FONT-FAMILY: “Calibri”,sans-serif; COLOR: windowtext; mso-style-type: personal } SPAN.EmailStyle32 { FONT-FAMILY: “Calibri”,sans-serif; COLOR: windowtext; mso-style-type: personal } SPAN.EmailStyle33 { FONT-FAMILY: “Calibri”,sans-serif; COLOR: windowtext; mso-style-type: personal } SPAN.EmailStyle34 { FONT-FAMILY: “Calibri”,sans-serif; COLOR: windowtext; mso-style-type: personal } SPAN.EmailStyle35 { FONT-FAMILY: “Calibri”,sans-serif; COLOR: windowtext; mso-style-type: personal-reply } .MsoChpDefault { FONT-SIZE: 10pt; mso-style-type: export-only } DIV.WordSection1 { page: WordSection1 }

What are you doing ?e

That sounds like broken software, not broken hosting.

I answered this in more detail in your other topic:

https://forum.infinityfree.com/t/file-manager/20450/3

Also, it’s fine if you want to create one topic to discuss multiple issues, and it’s fine if you want to discuss every issue in it’s own topic. But please make a decision about what to discuss where, and don’t post the same question multiple times. That just wastes people’s time and fragments the help for you.

phpMyAdmin seems to be working fine from here.

This is sounding more and more like your network connection is struggling.

You can copy using the Copy button and move using the Cut button on the file/directory to be moved and then Right Click → Paste in the directory where the file should be moved to.

Also, like I explained in the other topic, web based file managers don’t like complex file operations. And moving a (large) directory requires moving all the files individually, which causes virtually any file manager to time out.

For large operations, it’s better to use FileZilla (with a stable internet connection).

Copying databases doesn’t quite work so easily on a system level, so the only way to copy database contents is done by exporting the data from one database and then importing the dump into another one.

I’d be interested to see any software in the world which does this, because I haven’t seen it yet.

Which options were you looking to change?

Which software did you try and how is it defective?

Mobile internet connections are just not as stable as broadband over copper or fiber cables. From a technical perspective, mobile ethernet is a mess and it’s frankly astonishing it works as well as it does.

Could you please at least try to use our service over a proper, stable network connection before coming to the conclusion that our service must be broken?

Yes, but probably not on the way you expect it to.

Both FileZilla and the file managers work over FTP. FTP itself does not have options to manipulate files on the server. Hence why it’s called File Transfer Protocol, and not File Management Protocol.

So when you extract a zip file from the file manager, the file manager needs to download the zip from your account, extract it on the file manager server and then upload the extracted files to your hosting account.

In other words, the file managers does the same thing as I instructed you to do in the other topic, but does it in a PHP, which is quite unsuited for the task.

Generally speaking, the chance is 100% that buying a paid plan will work better. Because why on earth would anyone ever buy a hosting plan if the free service would be better than the paid service?

In your case, I still think the issue is caused by your network connection, which is not something a paid hosting account will fix.

3 Likes

To reply … clicked forum … cause that is where help is … had to make an account, you do know my regular paid host … I just call and say fix it and they do immediatly … then had to login again and finally got to forum … posted a topic … after a couple more of the logins … anyhow it got done … then I hear that phone tethering is the problem … strangley enough it works fine every where else … no … a lan connection is not an option at all … and if fone works on other hosts … why don’t it work here … secondly … it’s a trial … if the free stuff don’t work at all … why would I ever buy ?I would be happy to buy a plan if the free stuff worked fine … it don’t … it’s junk to put it bluntly… two days of my time and data wasted to try make a app work that has an automatic installer that also don’t work … WTF ? it should be five minutes to have it installed and work … J sir … U sir … N sir and K sir … it spells JUNK> What good is free if it don’t work at all … then perhaps I should buy ? Not a chance… I m not paying for more of the same … after I pay … sorry sir we have no idea … maybe it’s your connection … I can just see that already … Did I mention that every minute or so this host just logs me out … have to log in and og thru that stupid recapcha thing every time … pisses me right off… or cpanle just quits … go log in again a minute or two later … nothing but logins contstanty and recapcha clicking … what good is that … log in and stay logged in til I am done … then I log out …

My thought is dump this time wasting junk after three days of fiddlig to try get a five minute job done … install a software and set it up. Funny thing is that X10 installs the exact same app and it works … and I do it by fone … imagine that … only reason I am not happy there … they deactivate all my accounts every 30 days if I do not log in … and even if I do login before 30 days they still deactivate unless I login after I get the notice … which by then has the account and site dormant … once I log in and reactivate then it all works again … that is a real pain in teh ass… that if I login before they still deactivate and I have to login to reactivate… so I

WOW ! I click reply and it is all prefilled … then I click edit and it does not edit … imagine that …
So TO reply … broken software … yes … on your end … the same item works fine on a different host …
Yes you answered ftp and I also noted that the exact same works very nicely on a different host … what took two days and never worked is now done in a bit over an hour elsewhere … so I wonder what the problem is … seems to be on your end.

The topic and issue is really simple … your stuff don’t work and here are multiple examples of what happened trying to use it … so it is one topic … your stuff don’t work … a very simple topic … here are seven examples of all that does not work … how simple can that be ? You choose to try make it multiple issues and it’s not … anything I try do does not work … stuff don’t work - ONE topic …

File manager …the htdocs folder has folders in it … it flat out will NOT copy a file into a different folder period … it will only make a copy of the folder it is in and then it does not copy anyhow … it does part and then stops. I do NOT have that problem on other hosts … a copy past is into any folder and it takes like 3 seconds … server side is very fast.

“That just wastes people’s time and fragments the help for you.”
What has wasted my time a great deal is attempting to use your hosting … what I wasted two days on with your stuff that never did work or get done was done in an hour and a half tonight on a different free host … complete finished,done and working… software install, files uploaded, database arranged … all one item after another, fast page loads and all items do work instantly … click click … very quick … and done ! Maybe you should go figure out how THEY do it …

It’s probably one of the worst free hosts I have ever used … time out … log in … do recapcha… login again … page timed out … good luck with database or file uploads … time out … and you have to ask ??? Really ! ! ! How do I like it … I don’t … maybe just remove my accounts or I will in a bit … it’s perfectly useless so far …

Of course. Every site host has good points and bad points. When you also go to another host and zoom in its bad points of course you couldn’t stay in the hosts. The weird thing i can suggest is hosting your site in your computer. It’s so hard to do. Right? Or using paid hosting for your site. We’re in the world that 90% of problems being fixed by Money

2 Likes

I have actually operated hosting and my own servers several years ago and slo set up all the networking as well as sql servers … I DO know how it all works … … I also do currently use paid hosting … it’s nothign at all like this … I also use some free hosts and they also DO work … I thought I would try this to see… so far not impressed at all …pretty much useless… who wnats to spend hours trying to just upload one file and unzip it … I can do that on other places I use in a few seconds … maybe a minute … not three hours later and 6 uploads and it still did not work … X10 fr example is a free host … the bad point… they disable your account every 30 days … but I can build anything in half an hour and it WORKS … not two days later I can’t install and have a catalog working … blank white pages ??? using the installer … an entire afternoon trying to upload the same software zip to install it manually and it never did unzip so it could be installed … partially uploads and times out … try again … uploads and partially unzips … then disappears … try again … install using the installer … 6 times later the app still has blank white pages in admin panel for some items … obviously it never installed properly … other app has php errors by the page full… using the cp softaculous installer … obvious to me that you have no idea what you are talkig about … except to say spend money … probably I would if stuff worked … but why buy a dead horse ?

Except it don’t review via the link unless you use facebook, google or email and the email option don’t work unless you make a trustpilot account first - no thanks … so sorry no review … but it would be a one or less if possible …

I’m sorry, but where are you basing your observation on that you need to leave a review to get access to features? We don’t want to force anyone to leave a review (good or bad). And you don’t get anything in return for posting a review, except for my gratitude.

So if there are issues or restrictions, posting a review won’t fix them.

Before you feel inclined to post a (probably bad) review, will you at least give us the chance to try to solve these issues? If you would, can you please submit a new topic in the Hosting Support category and describe the issue there?

but why buy a dead horse ?

To quote our home page:

Is InfinityFree a demo, trial or sample for premium hosting?

Absolutely not! InfinityFree is fully featured, completely free website hosting. We provide promotional offers for alternative, premium services for people looking for more, but their services are very different. InfinityFree is not a representation of these offers.

You’re not buying InfinityFree premium hosting. That service does not exist.

3 Likes

fully agree.

2 Likes

No idea where you got the idea "you need to leave a review to get access to features? "

I am stating that one cannot leave a review of any kind unless one uses facebook or google or makes a truspilot account … neither of which a person might care to do … what is so hard about a normal login and just leave a review … WITHOUT involving any social media or needing to make an account somewhere else ?

How did you suddenly decide that a review is connected to features ?
Please read better … I did not mention features anywhere …

And I did describe issues … basically all of your stuff is incredibly slow and half of it does not work … what I spent two days trying to do here and using tons of data - I did on x10 this evening in about an hour and a half and it all works … does that give you any idea at all ? My paid hosting is equally as good and works the same …

I did a login easily, installed the exact same software app… a catalog, it had no problems at all, all features worked and then proceeded to upload my image files and modify the database from my previous catalog … all working in a bit over an hour. I spent two days on your service trying to do the exact same thing. You told me in your forum help that my net connection was probably bad that is why nothing on your service worked … so why does it work elsewhere ?

Perhaps also read my comment again as well … I never mentioned buying premium hosting at all … I just asked why buy anything at all if none of it works to start with … you do have various upgrades in your cpanel I believe …

This is so totally useless … upload a zip and extract… it takes forever to extract as well as upload, times out and the zip disappears.
Upload a zip and then go extract - same thing, times out and the zip disappears. It’s a 10 meg zip file - should take seconds.
Use FTP Filezilla … upload the same zip - it says successful upload and the file just vanishes.
Use softaculous installer to install the exact same file and the app has blank pages on some options - obviously then it did not install correctly. What good is a catalog with no way to add products or categories ? Just a blank page ?
Attempt to just upload each file using file manager or filezilla to correct the install issue - that also times out or filezilla disconnects halfway thru the que.

All this is doing is wasting hours of my time… I have the exact same software on other hosts and it works perfectly fine. Here nothing works.

If any file is deleted after uploading it and you don’t know why, a good place to start is this article:

https://infinityfree.net/support/why-are-my-files-deleted-after-uploading/

As to why your zip file is deleted, I suspect it’s exceeding the 10 MB file size limit, or is not uploaded to the htdocs folder.

As to why the file manager has trouble uploading the zip file, that’s just because the file manager has trouble handling larger archives and tends to break when you try to make it. Web based file managers just aren’t good at complicated operations.

The best way to upload your zip file to your account is to not do so in the first place. Instead, you can extract the zip file on your own computer, and the upload the extracted folder using FileZilla. Depending on the size and latency, it will take a while, but it will work reliably.

3 Likes

Use the elFinder tool, place it in a folder of your InfinityFree project. No database or disk space required, not even FTP connection, everything is done via PHP (you can choose FTP too). It is an excellent file manager elFinder - Web File Manager - open source project under the 3-clause BSD license

Then perhaps make a note that 1 meg is the max file size … or in the ftp client add a line … 10 meg file limit… it would have saved me hours and about 60 megs of data use …
Strangley enough other hosts have no prob uploading 10 meg and then unzip is a few seconds … your file manager took minutes to upload … near 10 minutes to unzip 1000 of 5000 files and then simply quit and deleted the original zip …

“The best way to upload your zip file to your account is to not do so in the first place.” Now that is really priceless advice ! If it does not work then don’t use it … obviously then you are aware it does not work … how bout try fix it instead ? That would make sense…

I probably would not have done that if your installer actually installed the catalog software I wanted properly in the first place … but it didn’t … so one looks at other alternatives… upload the zip and manually install the same thing … yes I could have extracted and then uploaded and at turtle speed with broken connections every thirty seconds I probably would have been uploading for 2 -3 days …

Thank You … but I don’t have to do that on other hosts … they just work normally on cpanel and do all one wants done … a click or two and a second and it all works as it normally should … which is what I also expected here … it was a surprise to discover here that nothing normal seems to work at all …a folder copy onlyworks in same dir and only copies half then quits … really ? what is that idea ?

WOW ! Look at all the error posts in the forum … I am surprised and I thought I was the only one having some unique problem … seems lots of other people also have a lot bigger problems … probably trying to run a production site instead of just a test to see how the free host is first before committing to buying anything … so far I am not impressed… if this is free and how it works … I sure would have to dislike paying money for more of the same … so far I can say chances of selling me much are slim to none … as I said … it’s not very impressive… the cpanel stuff is pretty much junk when and if it might work if ever … what good is a database if the phpmyadmin never loads and what good is a software installation automatic where its full of errors and the app don’t work … or spending hours trying to make it work … ??? Here you might spend a week trying to figure out how to just upload a file and unzip it … or several hours trying to have a database connection that actually works to edit anything… uploading files by ftp… if you can ever have a connection that stays connected … plan on a couple hours at least … or more reconnecting… and reconnecting and redoing and reconnecting … go daddy was a crappy paid host, same shit and tons of spam emails after - a year later … this one takes second place as a free.host … and in contrast … I use several other places that “just work” … no problem at all paid and free… this was just a waste of a couple days of my time … so far.