prooftv.epizy.com my webapp is only showing file directory when i try to browse it

prooftv.epizy.com my webapp is only showing file directory when i try to browse it…please help

@proof_tv said:
prooftv.epizy.com my webapp is only showing file directory when i try to browse it…please help

It’s because you don’t have index.html or index.php
If you want too put files in your site please upload it in htdocs folder or else it won’t load into your site.
If you want to disable DIR listing please create a .htaccess file in your htdocs folder if there is no .htaccess file and insert this code Options -Indexes

@proof_tv said:

And also I think the public folder is the main cause it has index file in it.
If you want users to redirect to your site to that public folder please go to cpanel and create a redirect on redirects settings or you can insert a code to .htaccess.
Here is the .htaccess code:
Redirect 301 /oldfile.htm http://example.net/newfile.htm This is just an example, if you know nothing about this then I highly recommend you to just go on cpanel and create a redirect

Setting up a redirect is a good solution, but you cannot use the control panel redirects tool for this. Instead, you could create a file called index.php and upload it to your htdocs folder with the following contents:

<?php
header('HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently');
header('Location: /public/');

echo "You are being redirected..."

The redirect tool is great if you want to redirect an entire domain name, which you don’t want in this case.

@Admin said:
Setting up a redirect is a good solution, but you cannot use the control panel redirects tool for this. Instead, you could create a file called index.php and upload it to your htdocs folder with the following contents:

<?php

The redirect tool is great if you want to redirect an entire domain name, which you don’t want in this case.

! For an older version of Browsers consider adding a line like Click here if not redirected automatically

@Ranakhas said:

@Admin said:

<?php

! For an older version of Browsers consider adding a line like Click here if not redirected automatically

Support for redirect status codes was added with HTTP version 1.0, which was developed in the early 90s. Trust me, you won’t find browsers which support this outside of a museum.