Questions about InfinityFree Free Hosting Plan

I have a series of questions I would like answered pertaining to the InfinityFree free hosting plan.

-What exactly does the 5GB Disk space include, or not? If I am installing Wordpress (itself) or using a MySQL/Maria database, are those two part of the 5GB or not? If I am installing Wordpress plugins,
are they part of the 5GB or not?

-What exactly does Limited Server Power mean, describe and include?

-What exactly does 50,000 Daily Hits include? If there are more hits than that, does InfinityFree cease to serve web pages totally at that stage?

Likely yes for all

Read here

Your account will be suspended for 24 hrs

5 Likes

-What exactly does Limited Server Power mean, describe and include?

I have followed the suggested link, and am not comprehending or assembling the indicated info.

Can someone just reply in plain english, describing what this term of the InfinityFree plans simply does mean?

It shows you did not read at all. The link consist of further links for you to explore.
Will further explaining help? I don’t think so.

InfinityFree plan is meant for website hosting. Period.

2 Likes

The 5 GB limit only includes the files of your website. Database contents are stored elsewhere and are not counted against this limit. There is no hard limit on database contents (we primarily monitor database/query performance), but it’s subjected to fair usage policy of course.

CPU time, entry processes, IO usage, memory usage, and maybe a few more metrics. They are all quite technical and hard to understand, and even if you do understand how they are collected it’s hard to reason about them.

The exact values of the limits on premium hosting are known, but not advertised by iFastNet, so I don’t know if it’s safe to quote them. But the limits are not known for free hosting, and the way they are enforced is different too (premium sites are throttled, free sites are suspended for 24 hours). So you can’t objectively compare them.

But all of these limits are much higher on premium hosting, which basically means your website will be able to handle more complex software and/or more traffic, and possibly better performance.

So we just lump it together and advertise it as “server power”, because it’s simply not possible to represent them as clear, understandable numbers.

5 Likes

The 5 GB limit only includes the files of your website. Database contents are stored elsewhere and are not counted against this limit. There is no hard limit on database contents (we primarily monitor database/query performance), but it’s subjected to fair usage policy of course.

-As a quote, does this all mean that the 5 GB limit specifically does not include a WordPress installation through Softaculous?

-Are any number of free or paid Wordpress plugins totally excluded from the 5GB limit, too?

Any way you install Wordpress, it is installed to the disk. It will take up space, but the contents (like posts and users) are stored in the database, so those don’t count against your quota.

No, any plugins you install count against the quota. Anything that you will be uploading to the file system counts against both your disk space and inode count quota.

I hope you understand. If you don’t, feel free to reply back!

5 Likes

Just to be clear: the “files” of your website includes ALL files. Everything you can see in the file manager is counted. So this includes website source code. Not just things like images uploaded to the gallery.

So any installed scripts, plugins and themes will also use up disk space.

4 Likes

This later comment contradicts earlier comments.

1. Earlier, it is stated that website files and website content files aren’t counted to the 5 GB limit.

2. Later, the “Admin, Owner of InfinityFree” comment states that website Pages and Page content count towards the 5 GB limit as well, along with WordPress itself and all installed WordPress plugins.

Without being rude, which one of these two cases am I to take as being so?

Please read carefully

What Admin said was

Which is also same as this

Keyword is things that are stored in database do not count against your storage limit.

Instead of debating over the terms and technicalities, why don’t you just setup an account and give it a try?

5 Likes

I did not say that. I didn’t use the term pages or page contents in my post. That may be your interpretation of what I wrote, but this interpretation is not correct.

I did refer to plugins and themes. But plugins and pages are very different things on a technical level: plugins are source code that must be installed in your website, pages are just content that’s stored in the database.

I wrote all files. I wrote everything you can see in the file manager.

Pages and posts in WordPress are not stored as files, and cannot be found in the file manager. They are stored in the database, and as such do not count towards the 5 GB limit.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.