Recaptcha issue

Hi, my website is:

https://www.snyd.art/contact/

When I first made it, the recaptcha checkbox work, but it ceased to function with the error: site owner error: site key is invalid.

I linked the recaptcha to a google account, which has 2 step verification enabled. I’ve deleted all the recaptcha site and secret keys and made new ones to try to fix it. Any help could be appreciated.

I would check, but your site is suspended, do check why, and if for abuse, it might be a faulty sensor

2 Likes

Yes, I cannot understand now why my site is suspended. It has no objectionable content. Maybe I went over a space limit I was unaware of. In any case, infinityfree is becoming a hassle of a host. Probably go back to using awardspace.

Just check what the suspension is first, then I can help you forward

Ok, the site appears to be back up after I wrote a letter/ticket to them. I waited a few days after it went back up to be sure. Frankly, I’ve never made a website on a host that was constantly looking for ways to suspend sites. Perhaps it is an IA type robot that tags sites as suspendable based on an algorithm. Still, the recaptcha has an error.

1 Like

Edit:

So on your site in the recaptcha div:

<div class="form-group text-center">
             <div class="g-recaptcha" data-sitekey="CONTACTFORM_RECAPTCHA_SITE_KEY"></div>
</div>

CONTACTFORM_RECAPTCHA_SITE_KEY should be your site key.

3 Likes

Nope, that didnt work.

Please define more than just ‘didn’t work’.CONTACTFORM_RECAPTCHA_SITE_KEY won’t be your key, the key is a value provided by google.

3 Likes

Okay, that worked thanks. My code had extra information like:
data-sitekey=“<“CONTACTFORM_RECAPTCHA_SITE_KEY”>”

Or something ismilar so I thought I was only supposed to delete the extra "> that were provided in the original code. It didnt occur to me to put a site key directly into code that might be publically viewable.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.