Redirecting to “Turn Cookies on or off” - Google Support

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Issue is back

Website URL

Error Message

Page contents do not show correctly at first try, when I refresh a couple of times, the page redirects to Turn cookies on or off - Computer - Google Account Help, which says “Turn cookies on or off”

Other Information

Seems like different people have had this exact problem over the years. This is the first time I’ve encountered this. Please fix ASAP!!!

1 Like

I am also facing the same issue, please infinityfree team have a look.

So, currently I see the following issues:

1. Websites base HTML loads fine, the antibot system lets you in. However, although the cookie was being stored, the server doesn’t seem to recognize it and is challenging every single requests sent (for example, CSS, JS, PNG/JPG and other website assets). This causes websites to not loaded properly (without styles).
  2. Websites do not load fine at all, I seem to be encountering quite a few failed challenges (entering the site with i=2/3, or even getting redirected to google).

If you are facing the same issue, you don’t have to report it below, InfinityFree is working hard to fix it.

7 Likes

I have the same problem from today

damian24.pl on epiz_25572459

Plase help :confused:

I will add that yesterday it worked properly

More like engineers on iFastNet.

4 Likes

Shh…(why am i doing that?) most users don’t know about that, saying InfinityFree could make the statement more understandable

2 Likes

See, iFastNet is the one who owns and runs the servers, not InfinityFree. InfinityFree is just a reseller of iFastNet’s MyOwnFreeHost.

4 Likes

I know that… but most users don’t…
So saying InfinityFree makes the statement more understandable and makes more sense to the majority of the users

1 Like

Okay. But still it’s iFastNet’s work.

2 Likes

Exactly these two problems on this account as well: epiz_26113273
Kindly help.
Is there an ETA?

I have investigated the issue.

There seems to be some kind of issue between our free hosting servers and Cloudflare. Websites that do not use Cloudflare are protected with a browser validation system. Websites that do use Cloudflare are exempt from this, because Cloudflare provides sufficient protection.

But it appears that something changed and now the browser validation challenge is also presented on sites that use Cloudflare. And for some reason, the cookie that’s generated in the browser is not received properly by the server.

The issue appears to manifest themselves in one of two scenarios:

• The website page just redirects a few times and then goes to the Google cookie page.
  • The web page itself loads, but all linked assets (CSS, Javascript, images, etc.) don’t load because those URLs load the browser validation challenge instead.

My best guess at this time is that the deciding factor between these two is that sites with Flexible SSL see scenario #1 and and sites with Full SSL see scenario #2. But it doesn’t really matter, the site is pretty much broken either way.

As a workaround, you could try disabling the Cloudflare proxy on your site. Please note that this may result in SSL errors, so you may need to install a new, trusted SSL certificate on your site for it to work.

In any case, I’ve forwarded these findings to iFastNet too, so now we just need to wait for them to fix this.

7 Likes

Thank you … Just a quick FYI … In my case this (scenario 2) is only occurring on sites where site files are stored in htdocs, and not where site files are stored in sitename dot com slash htdocs.

Regarding the workaround, would we need to install a new certificate with Cloudfare or an alternative provider? If alternative, can anyone recommend one?

The way I discovered to do this is via InfinityFree - SSL Certificates you just request an SSL like you’d normally do without cloudflare.

Then take the Source and Destination on the page and paste those into a CNAME Record in Cloudflare in the DNS > Records page and make sure that its set to DNS only and not proxied.

then return back to InfinityFree and refresh the page and you should have a button appear that says Request Certificate, should work after that.

2 Likes

I have 4 websites where the htdocs is inside the domain folder (sitename dot com, sitename dot uk and sitename dot co dot uk) and they are down.

Per mentioned by Admin.

As a temporary walk-around to this issue until it’s resolved, login to the Cloudflare account you’re using and click on your website, then click DNS tab and select Records, and select the records you’re experiencing this issue on, and disable the Proxy to DNS Only, then save it.

Once you’ve done that, if you experience any SSL Certificate errors, follow what I mentioned.

I was having the same exact issues as everyone else, and doing this has fixed everything.
You might have to press SHIFT + F5 to refresh the Cache incase everything still appears broken after doing all this.

6 Likes

THX above helped!