Resource usage warning

Starting from October 19 and I’m receiving daily emails that my website consuming more than 50% from CPU, that’s weird because I didn’t update any thing on my website since August 2018.

I have also reset the WP and restored it again and still getting warnings, yesterday I have completely deleted my WordPress and restored a backup from September and still same issue!!

Hosting Volume: vol2_6

The graphs shows daily CPU usage. So the numbers on the graph are the days of the month.

In your screenshot, I see the CPU usage went up on the 19th of October and went down again on the 27th. So if you deleted your website yesterday, that explains the drop in CPU usage.

So what exactly is this “issue” you’re experiencing? The graph shows historic data. It’s a record of what has happened, and you cannot change the past by doing something now.

Also, hosting volumes don’t matter. I regret ever talking about them because they are completely meaningless for almost everything. A hosting volume is not like a server, where the server you are on governs almost every technical issue you experience. We use a custom cloud hosting solution, which means the concept of a “server” doesn’t really apply to InfinityFree.

@Admin

Today is 27 of October and the CPU usage is still going up, so whatever you have done to my site please changed back.

@SonyME said:
@Admin

Today is 27 of October and the CPU usage is still going up, so whatever you have done to my site please changed back.

The 28th on that graph is not the 28th of this month, it’s the 28th of last month. I know, the graph isn’t that clear on it.

And I don’t see the usage going up at all. I see it going up until the 26th, and drop after that.

Look closer

It’s not 28th October, it’s September(admin meant that). Graph really isn’t okay tho

Why are you talking about October 28?! I didn’t mention this date, I’m talking about this week starting October 19.

Also today the traffic is going up, compare the two photos and you will see the difference on October 27.

I guess graph works like that: every day has a amount of used CPU, and they displayed as dots, dots just connected between themselves. Does this answers cause I have no idea wth you want to know…

Where’s the admin? why he’s not replying to this thread!

@SonyME said:
Where’s the admin? why he’s not replying to this thread!

Two reasons:

• I’m a human. I have physical needs. I have a life outside of my work. I’m not a bot which replies within seconds 24/7.
  • I have no idea what to say to you Your CPU usage went up on the 19th. The graph shows it and you got an email about it. Two days ago, you deleted some stuff from your account, and now the usage is going down. Less pages/code means less CPU usage. Case closed, right?
  1. I’m not sure when I said I deleted stuff and the usage is going down, as of 19/10/2018 and the graph is increasing, I said that I have completely deleted WordPress and reinstalled it again and didn’t change the situation.

2. I told you before to switch back the changes you had done to my site.

To recap

1. Last month you corrupted my DB and change the SQL server without informing me.

2. Last week most of iFast servers were down.

3. Your SSL on the cPanel is not safe and the browser is asking to add it to exceptions although it’s valid till December 16, 2018.

4. PHP My admin is not accessible

5. You limited the allocated CPU in my account.

@SonyME said:

1. I’m not sure when I said I deleted stuff and the usage is going down, as of 19/10/2018 and the graph is increasing, I said that I have completely deleted WordPress and reinstalled it again and didn’t change the situation.

If your CPU usage is too high, it means your website code uses too much CPU power or your website gets too many visitors. Reinstalling WordPress doesn’t fix that. You can’t remove and re-upload the same code to the same websites and expect it to work any differently.

@SonyME said:
2. I told you before to switch back the changes you had done to my site.

I’m sorry, but which changes are you referring to? To my knowledge, we didn’t change anything about your site or your account. Your files and databases are still there, and there are still fair usage restrictions like there were before.

@SonyME said:

1. Last month you corrupted my DB and change the SQL server without informing me.

SQL servers and databases were migrated, but to my knowledge, no data was ever lost. If data in your database was lost, that’s new to me.

@SonyME said:
2. Last week most of iFast servers were down.

Last week, four IP addresses out of approx. 120 were down. This was caused in part by an account balancing issue, causing slightly more accounts than usual to be loaded onto a single IP address. This means that more than 4 out of 120 websites were down, but the majority of servers being down is simply not true.

Yes, the forum was full of people reporting issues. But please don’t forget that only people who experience issues report issues. People who weren’t affected don’t come to the forum en masse to say “thanks for the hosting, everything is working perfectly fine”.

@SonyME said:
3. Your SSL on the cPanel is not safe and the browser is asking to add it to exceptions although it’s valid till December 16, 2018.

This is a known issue, we’re working on it. However, I don’t see how this is related to your website being down.

@SonyME said:
4. PHP My admin is not accessible

I also don’t see how this is related to your website being down.

1. You limited the allocated CPU in my account.

As we always have, and likely always will.

Every web hosting provider I know restricts CPU usage for individual accounts. Because if they didn’t, a single poorly coded plugin or hacked site would bring down hundreds or even thousands of websites.

But since you don’t pay us for the hosting, we cannot afford to give you as much CPU power as most paid hosting providers can.