Selfsigbed ssl removal

How do i remove the selfsigned ssl
Link to site:www.voxsocial.ml

You need to install your own one, or use CloudFlare, to remove the self-signed SSL.

I cant
I cant get sslforfree.com and cloudflrare wont work for me

You have to use your own nameservers (for “your own” I mean Freenom ones or CloudFlare, and create A records that point to the IP of this server and TXT records from Let’s Encrypt ACME verification) for sslforfree.com, and can you try CloudFlare by changing the nameservers from InfinityFree to their? The cPanel integration sometimes breaks MX records and subdomains and cannot be registered with a domain already existing on the CloudFlare network.

Domain “voxsocial.ml” challenge3 failed. Response from “https://acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org/acme/challenge/XmzWcIwlAm8a7dykWEiDWoOA4MHJS_gjSKtlLE9ZH1g/16827637919” was:

Warning: Your verification URL is not returning the correct contents to our verification servers. The URL looks like it is blocking bots and which inadvertently blocks our servers from receiving the correct content. Contact your host, a professional developer or admin for further help with fixing it.

Error: No TXT record found at _acme-challenge.voxsocial.ml

Full Error: { “type”: “dns-01”, “status”: “invalid”, “error”: { “type”: “urn:ietf:params:acme:error:unauthorized”, “detail”: “No TXT record found at _acme-challenge.voxsocial.ml”, “status”: 403 }, “url”: “https://acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org/acme/challenge/XmzWcIwlAm8a7dykWEiDWoOA4MHJS_gjSKtlLE9ZH1g/16827637919”, “token”: “FNjk7tjHNh65rJh2UZoU-KXfT7Og8-4TA0tyfb27Xmg” }

What IP?

Have you tried to use “Manual Verification” mode? If yes, the security system present on this hosting prevents bots (even the Let’s Encrypt one) to access the website’s contents and throw an error that it’s not returning the correct contents to their verification servers. Try changing the nameservers to Freenom ones, then Manage Freenom DNS, and create two CNAME records: one without name, with a TTL of 300 and server IP of your Main Domain that you can find on the Control Panel, and another one with the name of www that points to your domain with a TTL of 300. Then use Manual Verification [TXT] method and put in the TXT records with the name reported on the SSLForFree, TTL of 300 (because TTLs lower than 300 can’t be put) and value reported on SSLForFree. Save the changes and download the certificate, that you need to put in the SSL/TLS section on the Control Panel. You need first to put the Private Key in the apposite field and click on Upload Key, then the Certificate in the apposite field and click on Upload Certificate.

sslforfree.com (and other tools using Let’s Encrypt) are known to not work with InfinityFree. The reason for this is explained in more detail here:

https://infinityfree.net/support/cannot-use-or-have-problems-using-lets-encrypt-or-sslforfreecom/

But to answer you original question: the self signed SSL cannot be removed.

Why do you want to remove the self signed SSL certificate in the first place? Or better said, if you don’t want to see the self signed certificate, what do you want to see instead?

1 Like

The self-signed ssl is not trusted by modt browsers

That’s true. One of the key aspects of SSL is that SSL certificates must be signed by a trusted party. If your browser doesn’t trust the issuer of the SSL certificate, you will see an SSL error.

And in order to do SSL, you need an SSL certificate. Removing the self signed certificate is not possible, because the server can’t do SSL without any SSL certificate.

So I would like to ask you again: if you don’t want to see the self signed certificate, what do you want to see instead?

I got cloudflare to work.So the selfsigned ssl is removed :slight_smile:

I don’t mean to be pedantic, but putting Cloudflare in front of your hosting account does not “remove” the self signed SSL. And if you’re using Cloudflare in “Full” SSL mode (which you should), Cloudflare will actually use the self signed SSL certificate to encrypt the connection to the server.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.