Sending mail but unable to receive !! SOLVED!! MX Records/Cloudflare both!!

NOTE :- ** This is a helping guide for new people Admin is requested not to add a reply until necessary. Thanks.
( A LESS RECOMMENDED WAY - Reason at the end )

Check whether your MX Record is Set or not ,check this @ https://infinityfree.net/support/unable-to-receive-email/ ,you should be getting a notification at your mail dashboard that
“To recieve emails on the email address you will need to set the MX Records for your domain name to mx.epizy.com
or similar ,click on set MX Record button at the notification {your site might be listed check carefully} if not then:-

select your site from drop down menu of domain.

fill MX Record as mx.epizy.com .

And set the priority to 0.(Priority is a relative number. There is no default variable for this setting. The lowest number in a group of MX records will have priority over the rest.)

click add.

And importantly wait for some time i say a few hours should be more than enough!!! ( Its the DNS setting that will need to be propagated and thus takes time!! )

{You should not be using cloudflare services for this to work because it don’t set up MX Records of its own thus breaking every e-mail sent to you }

After all that you might still get the same notification but don’t worry just ignore it ,everything should work fine now!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

( RECOMMENDED WAY - Reason is at the end )

Note :- Still do the above steps whether it works or not. ( I did this the same way and it worked for me !! )

I recommend doing it just after registering your domain to infinityfree.net for free hosting,then after you can upload your website data using FTP… but its never too late…

Add your domain.

change the name servers of your domain by going to your domain registrar.(do not worry cloudflare’s step by step guide is easy to follow)

and most important be patient for up to 2 days untill the ssl certificate is active on your site,this is due to a thing called DNS propagation.

After this is done turn on force https:// redirection in the settings…

now the main thing starts :wink:

Go to DNS at your cloudflare dashboard .

select MX from the drop down menu.

give the name to your record .(just type your domain name :wink: )

In the next text box (it says Click to configure), click to open the Add Record dialog.

Type mx.epizy.com in the server column and set the priority to 1.(Priority is a relative number. There is no default variable for this setting. The lowest number in a group of MX records will have priority over the rest.)

Click save.

Leave “Automatic TTL” selected.

Finally click “Add Record”.

And yes you are done !!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

It might work instantly (Yes, you can receive your mails now with no problems!! :slight_smile: ). You may be tired by now , i guess, i say you may give yourself a break and enjoy a quick snack and watch TV so that you can give a little time for it do its thing!!

Reason Time

Reason of less recommended - i had issues with this method for my site, it didn’t worked out for me so i don’t recommend it (#SIMPLE) ; but i searched the knowledge base at which i found out it is working fine for people out there so i think you can give it a shot(any way you would have to do it for 2nd way …lol)

Reason for recommended - it works very well !!! i have no issues in sending and receiving mail now !! & you get a free SSL certificate for FOREVER (YAYYY!!!)

Finally we are done !!!
Its a long post so Thank You for reading this out !!
:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
Happy E-mailing to you!!
:slight_smile: :wink: :slight_smile: :wink:

1 Like

A very long and detailed guide, thanks for putting it.
Summary (for people who can’t read all this):

Check that you have set MX Records

If you do not have set them, go to the vPanel area, then select MX Records, select your domain, add this `mx.epizy.com` and you are all set to go!

If you use Integrated CloudFlare

Then it is not going to work, you will need to disable it. If you want CloudFlare at any cost, you can always sign up from there and change your nameservers so that it will work. Nothing will change when you cahnge your NS to theirs, your domain will continue working form here.
1 Like

@ChrisPAR said:

If you do not have set them, go to the vPanel area, then select MX Records, select your domain, add this `mx.epizy.com` and you are all set to go!

Then it is not going to work, you will need to disable it. If you want CloudFlare at any cost, you can always sign up from there and change your nameservers so that it will work. Nothing will change when you cahnge your NS to theirs, your domain will continue working form here.

You are welcome!!
A great summary @ChrisPAR
I always got less marks in writing summaries that is the reason for such a long post!!!
???

@Rikhi55 said:

@ChrisPAR said:

You are welcome!!
A great summary @ChrisPAR
I always got less marks in writing summaries that is the reason for such a long post!!!
???

It’s like you hate summaries :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Also, with that doing, you automatically disable the ?i=1 suffix as I have explained in my own post.

@ChrisPAR i disabled what???

@Rikhi55 said:

The ?i=1 gets automatically disabled, you didn’t disable anything!

@ChrisPAR said:

@Rikhi55 said:

Just read your post ,got a little bit of what this thing is!!!
But i didn’t knew about ?i=1 until now,but still i don’t get much about it except the search bar problem that a guy mentioned !! googled it but still got nothing much.
What does it do? Is it good to disable it ?

@Rikhi55 said:

@ChrisPAR said:

@Rikhi55 said:

But i didn’t knew about ?i=1 until now,but still i don’t get much about it except the search bar problem that a guy mentioned !! googled it but still got nothing much.

It is a security system that disallows any malicious bot to access your site.
Don’t worry, even with that disabled, you will have no problem.
See the Knowledge Base for More:https://infinityfree.net/support/what-is-the-i-1-suffix/
The ?i=1 suffix creates more problems than solving ones, so it is better to use CloudFlare.

@ChrisPAR said:

@Rikhi55 said:

@ChrisPAR said:

@Rikhi55 said:

It is a security system that disallows any malicious bot to access your site.
Don’t worry, even with that disabled, you will have no problem.
See the Knowledge Base for More:https://infinityfree.net/support/what-is-the-i-1-suffix/
The ?i=1 suffix creates more problems than solving ones, so it is better to use CloudFlare.

thanks for the info!!!