Server Time is wrong ! About 57 min ahead. Please fix

Hi guys,

Everything is in the title. It’s been wrong since this morning more or less.
57 min ahead.

Can you keep me updated ?
Cheers

1 Like

The server is set to a specific time zone. You may be able to change it for yourself in the control panel, but I’m not sure if that is possible here. Why do you need the server time to be accurate?

You’re not getting my point.
I’ve been here using InfFr for a while, the server time has always been accurate.
I set the timezone myself in my code, so no issue on this side.
I’m saying that PHP somehow gets the time wrong for all timezones. 57min ahead.
So it must be an issue on the server clock.

If you are really that worried about it, you can set it to the timezone before yours like this example below.

php_value date.timezone America/New_York to php_value date.timezone America/Chicago in your .htaccess.

When @Admin comes to the forum, he will see this and ask iFastNet to investigate or he will fix it himself.

1 Like

Thank you for all your replies, but still not getting my point.
I’m not wondering how to change the timezone either in my code or in htaccess.

I’m just saying that any timezone is offset by 57 min, which means the computer running my website (at least) doesn’t have the right time set in the clock.

Anyone understanding me ?

I think I understand. You are saying that any timezone is off by 57 minutes.
But I do not see how you can’t temporarily get around this issue by changing the timezone, so then it would only be three minutes off.

Ahahah, no, I’m not gonna trick all my pages using timezone only because the server clock doesn’t have the right time, obviously.
I will wait that the admin changes back to the normal time.
It’s like if your phone doesn’t have the right time, you would probably want to fix that fast, or plenty of features would stop working properly… (like GPS, etc)

What’s going to stop working on your website if the timezone is not right?

1 Like

Alright, Don’t get me wrong here, I appreciate you all wanna help here. But you don’t. Am I the only one using the server time somehow ??

I’m relying on the server clock, and it is not set properly.
Is anyone able to fix that without me trying to trick anything ?
Is there any admin on this forum ?

Cheers :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you are really concerned you can send an email to [email protected] about this issue. @Admin should be on soon, so he will see this topic and report.

1 Like

Ok, thank you very much.
I will wait that the @Admin sees the post, and will have to send an email to that address otherwise :slight_smile:

2 Likes

HI yes i (and my users) found this today too - 57 minutes fast. I set my app to be 1 hour behind and then found it 7 minutes out instead of 3! Clock definitely needs sorting. Sure there will be users who don’t need it but some of us do.

Yes, and I’m not alone here :

As we can see on this post, Google Oauth doesn’t work if the clock is not set properly. Like GPS on any devices for example. I’m actually wondering how it doesn’t break more things, like the SSL certificates as well.

Hypothetically speaking, if your certificate was to expire in 57 minutes, your website would not have SSL 57 minutes earlier. But that would really cause more of a problem on the client-side.

The server time does go out of sync, and it’s usually easy to fix.

Do you have a web page where we can see the current time of your website’s server? Or could you at least share the account username so I know which server to check?

1 Like

Hi,

Thank you !
The account is epiz_22674367.

And after fixing the clock, could you tell us how it can be out of sync ?

Cheers

I just checked your account, but the time seems to be in sync.

Clock drift can happen due to CPU scheduling quirks. That’s why every system normally as a program running that checks the local time against the official time and correct it. But those programs sometimes don’t work correctly which can cause the time to be off by a lot.

1 Like

Indeed the time is synced now.
Great !
So those programs were not running for a few days. No worries, good it’s fixed.

Cheers

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.