Setup cloudflare main domain

when I try to put my main domain on cloudflare I get an error message.

(Please ensure you are providing the root domain and not any subdomains (e.g., example.cm, not subdomain.example.cm)

Main domain (7w***ri.epizy.cm)

Your main domain is only for backed use, you need to use the domain you created when you made an account.

Also, Cloudflare does not work with subdomains, see this guide:

4 Likes

So I can’t link my site to cloudflare without a paid domain?

correct

2 Likes

Yes. There is nothing we can do about that, since that decision was made by Cloudflare, not InfinityFree.

2 Likes

my site safe from ddos ​​by default?

should be. not as safe as protected with CF.

1 Like

Is there any ddos ​​protection I can set up with a free account?

wdym? the free hosting servers can prevent to some level of DDOS.

1 Like

I just read that the sites that are ddos ​​are suspended so I’m looking for a way to avoid ddos ​​without cloudflare

get a custom domain

2 Likes

I have a domain but I cannot change the server name of my site at infinityfree, do you have a solution or an alternative?

whats the domain name? did you ask your registrar?

2 Likes

If you want to avoid DDoS attacks, don’t connect to the internet. Or just try to make sure to not make people angry enough to want to attack you.

Good DDoS protection is typically very expensive, and never perfect.

So please try not to worry too much about it.

6 Likes

That happens with cloudflare as your registrar. In such case you will need to set up a subdomain and use your infinityfree account with your subdomain. It could be something like main.yourwebsite.com

You can’t connect infinityfree websites to cloudflare, you have to upgrade to premium, you can’t change server names either.

which is only when using free subdomain from IF.

2 Likes

@Artoria00 you could sign up for a 12 months free domain name from https://www.freenom.com will be ready in a few days and you can link your cloudflare with that

if you dont mind waiting (up to 3 months) you can get a free for life .eu.org domain name from https://nic.eu.org/

4 Likes

it depends, a few days or weeks ok about months to even an year (once it took that much time for me.)

3 Likes

wow 1 year, still worth the wait :smiley:

2 Likes