Sir please help my Friend in 2 step verification

Sir @admin my friend device is formatted and his 2 step verification app and recovery codes also removed please help him
His account Email:- [email protected]

Please post in the correct section. Thank you.

Means?

Ok

:thinking:
(Please don’t post off-topic)

Dude what’s wrong with you?

Ah! Nothing. Well why?

No, he’s asking about the InfinityFree 2-step-Authentication most likely In which case, none of us but the admin can help him with, which is why @Mr.world directed the message to Admin, not anyone else.

6 Likes

Well Okay then. I didn’t knew about that.
Taken my words back.

I think this will be the expected response from Admin:

Also, in the first place why not he backed up the data before reformatting the device? It seems like an impractical move.

However, im not a staff, so Admin can only clarify or give a proper response
6 Likes

As Digi said, Admin has made posts before, And if i’m remebering correctly, He has said how if you loose everything, No backup codes or whatever, Then you have lost your account.

Don’t quote me on this.

4 Likes

:eyes:

3 Likes

The two factor authentication screen very clearly says that you should store your recovery codes safely. If your friend did not backup their two factor authentication app and only had the recovery codes on the phone with that authenticator app, then your friend did not store the codes safely.

I hope that your friend learned from this that backups are important. Because like I wrote in the post linked by @JavesPotato , if you have two factor authentication enabled, you must have either the authenticator app or a valid recovery code to login.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.