Site.Pro is deprecated and may be removed soon

A bit more than a year ago, we introduced the Site.Pro website builder to InfinityFree, as an easier way to build websites.

However, Site.Pro also has various issues, including:

• Poor support for responsive websites.
  • Spontaneous self destructing websites (where data in the builder or in the published site would get corrupted).
  • Compatibility issues with abuse detection, causing repeated and unnecessary account suspensions.

Because of that, we have decided to discontinue support for Site.Pro. We will gradually phase out support for the website builder.

Alternatives

If you are looking to easily build a website, here are some alternatives.

Kopage

Kopage is another website builder with a drag and drop editor and a large selection of templates and widgets. Kopage is the closest comparable alternative to SitePro.

Kopage can be found in the control panel.

WordPress

WordPress is a very popular CMS with a huge selection of plugins and themes available on the web. If you were looking for more advanced features than SitePro could offer, WordPress is a great choice. WordPress also offers plugins which allow drag and drop editing, like Visual Composer.

Desktop Website Builder

Rather than using an online website builder, you can also use a website builder installed on your own computer. Software like MobiRise or Adobe Muse make it easy to build your website and publish it to your free hosting account.

Timeline

People who are not using SitePro yet will not be able to use SitePro. However, people who already use SitePro can keep using SitePro for the foreseeable future.

1 Like

I will look for alternatives on Softaculous.

Now I got sad :frowning:

I installed Pluck.

@Admin said:
A bit more than a year ago, we introduced the Site.Pro website builder to InfinityFree, as an easier way to build websites.

However, Site.Pro also has various issues, including:

• Poor support for responsive websites.
  • Spontaneous self destructing websites (where data in the builder or in the published site would get corrupted).
  • Compatibility issues with abuse detection, causing repeated and unnecessary account suspensions.

Because of that, we have decided to discontinue support for Site.Pro. We will gradually phase out support for the website builder.

Alternatives

If you are looking to easily build a website, here are some alternatives.

Kopage

Kopage is another website builder with a drag and drop editor and a large selection of templates and widgets. Kopage is the closest comparable alternative to SitePro.

Kopage can be found in the control panel.

WordPress

WordPress is a very popular CMS with a huge selection of plugins and themes available on the web. If you were looking for more advanced features than SitePro could offer, WordPress is a great choice. WordPress also offers plugins which allow drag and drop editing, like Visual Composer.

Desktop Website Builder

Rather than using an online website builder, you can also use a website builder installed on your own computer. Software like MobiRise or Adobe Muse make it easy to build your website and publish it to your free hosting account.

Timeline

1. People who register after today, and people who did not have any SitePro websites yet, will no longer be able to create new SitePro websites.
  2. From May 1, people who are currently using SitePro will not be able to add new sites.
  3. From June 16, SitePro access will be removed for everyone.

Websites which have already been published will keep working indefinitely. However, you won’t be able to create or edit websites anymore, so you should consider moving as soon as possible.

Is there a way to download a “Backup” of the “Sitepro” build of our websites and use it for the new “builder”? Or do we who used the “Sitepro” builder have to completely start from scratch?

@JARC17 said:
Is there a way to download a “Backup” of the “Sitepro” build of our websites and use it for the new “builder”? Or do we who used the “Sitepro” builder have to completely start from scratch?

If you really insist on keeping your SitePro website, you might be able to edit a SitePro website in a different builder. You could either download the published HTML/PHP code from your account or clone the generated site with HTTrack, and edit those files manually. However, I don’t think either option will be as pleasurable to work with as just rebuilding the website would be.

@Admin said:

@JARC17 said:

If you really insist on keeping your SitePro website, you might be able to edit a SitePro website in a different builder. You could either download the published HTML/PHP code from your account or clone the generated site with HTTrack, and edit those files manually. However, I don’t think either option will be as pleasurable to work with as just rebuilding the website would be.

Ok, trying to use the new “builder” to start from scratch, and it gets stuck trying to load, (Screen with dots moving in circle). Been there for over 10 min.

What are the steps to start using the “new” builder and doing so, can my old site stay up till I am ready to publish the new site? Or do I have to delete account and start over?

When I use Website builder in cPanel I get a error “Used domain 185.27.134.11, doesn’t seem to point to this FTP account.” Please help…
I insist on keeping sitepro but for those who want it.

Its not working at all…after inputting Domain name, FTP user name and password it just gets stuck and keep showing the circle…

I must say InfinityFree Team that you are using the default sitebuilder provided.

@TechDroidROOT said:
When I use Website builder in cPanel I get a error “Used domain 185.27.134.11, doesn’t seem to point to this FTP account.” Please help…

Please make sure you enter your website domain name, not the IP address of the FTP server. It’s our website builder, we know how to reach our own FTP server.

@TechDroidROOT said:

SitePro will be removed, we were not going to deprecate it and then let people use it anyways.

I know Kopage isn’t perfect either. That’s why I listed multiple alternatives, not just Kopage.

@Admin said:

@TechDroidROOT said:

Please make sure you enter your website domain name, not the IP address of the FTP server. It’s our website builder, we know how to reach our own FTP server.

@TechDroidROOT said:

SitePro will be removed, we were not going to deprecate it and then let people use it anyways.

I know Kopage isn’t perfect either. That’s why I listed multiple alternatives, not just Kopage.

That’s a bummer… Looks like I’ll be looking for new Web hosting services! What an inconvenience to your customers… You would think one would try their best to make it easy for them to “convert” from one builder to another without having to start from scratch or given the option to stay with a “builder” despite issues if there was no way to convert to a new “builder”.

After a quick search, looks like freehosting.com offers a fairly good deal and also uses SitePro builder. Which means, uploading a simple backup from here, you’ll be back online in no time. Just a suggestion for others who don’t want to start over from scratch…

@JARC17 said:

@Admin said:

@TechDroidROOT said:

@TechDroidROOT said:

That’s a bummer… Looks like I’ll be looking for new Web hosting services! What an inconvenience to your customers… You would think one would try their best to make it easy for them to “convert” from one builder to another without having to start from scratch or given the option to stay with a “builder” despite issues if there was no way to convert to a new “builder”.

Unfortunately, SitePro is a completely closed package which relies on an external builder server to work. No builder server means no way to edit your website.

That’s another advantage of using Kopage, WordPress or a desktop site builder: it doesn’t require any software to be provided by your hosting provider. Once your Kopage site is installed, you can move it anywhere and it should work. WordPress and desktop site builders are not tied to any particular hosting feature at all (save for maybe Softaculous to handle the installation, but you can easily install WordPress yourself as well).

So investing time into moving now is going to make your life a lot easier from here on.

In case you needed a reminder of why SitePro is flawed: this topic was created earlier today: https://forum.infinityfree.com/discussion/3658/this-site-cant-be-published . Another great example of SitePro messing up a website, part of the reason why we can no longer support it.

@Admin said:
@TechDroidROOT said:

@TechDroidROOT said:

If I enter my domain name which is techdroidroot.gq, it says “Oops! We cannot install website on this server.”
How can I solve it?

@TechDroidROOT said:

@Admin said:
@TechDroidROOT said:

@TechDroidROOT said:

If I enter my domain name which is techdroidroot.gq, it says “Oops! We cannot install website on this server.”
How can I solve it?

Use your Infinity Free domain, not your bought domain.

@Jenova said:
@TechDroidROOT said:

@Admin said:
@TechDroidROOT said:

@TechDroidROOT said:

If I enter my domain name which is techdroidroot.gq, it says "Oops! We cannot install website on this server."
 How can I solve it?

Use your Infinity Free domain, not your bought domain.

Ok, will just try it.

We get huge amount of requests - how to import websites to Site.pro from Weebly, WIX, Wordpress, Kopage, …
But we never get requests how to move websites created with Site.pro builder to other platforms…

Following the feedback we have received, we have decided we will not remove SitePro yet. New users will still not be able to use SitePro, but people who use SitePro now will be able to keep using it for the foreseeable future.

That’s said, we still recommend moving to a different site builder, but there is no more deadline for which you must move.

I’m having trouble using the new builder, after selecting the template what do I do?

@Alex_Victor
It’s not a very clear question
if you think of Kopage https://youtu.be/C9M0qM9iH_g