Site suspended

What are we looking at here actually? I don’t recognize those graphs. How were those metrics collected?

The hosting platform warning system is a bit… strange. If I had to guess, it might be that the warning was dispatched earlier, but was rate limited or blocked by the mail server. But I don’t have access to those so I don’t know.

1 Like

I have tried almost everything, but nothing seems to impact the i/o counter at all. I still get the 50% warning about 9 or 12 hours after suspension, then it does not seem to re-set as the next warning is again ‘suspension’. Any other ideas of what to switch off, also what time (GMT) are these counters supposed to re-set - i.e. what time zone are you in ?

as per these emails - 11 hours ago my site was suspended - then with no further activity because of the suspension, I am warned for reaching 50% of the limit 18 minutes ago - this is not realistically possible - please be honest and advise what is the problem - thank you :slight_smile:

Honest answer: I have no idea.

I don’t know for sure whether the limits are reliable or not. I don’t know for sure if the email warnings are reliable or not. All I know for sure is that your account was suspended for IO overuse 9 times, and 2 times for CPU overuse.

For the reasons I already explained, I don’t see any evidence which clearly shows that the platform is not working as intended, so I just have to assume it does.

Looking at your account statistics, I do see your CPU usage is high, and the CPU usage correlates with the hits usage. So I would assume that some PHP code in your website is really stressing the servers. But we don’t record any data to help investigate what that is.

2 Likes

Yea, thanks mate. For example, the graph only shows 1 CPU limit for the 2 CPU suspensions - not correct ? I have done everything I could to stop unnecessary activity, in the few hours I had access to try and clean up - with no success and the lack of logic in the data - like getting a 50% warning 11 hours after the site is suspended with NO activity even possible - my student assignment is going to be incomplete - so time to move to a more reliable host and start again.

Ok Mate, here is a classic. So yesterday as soon as I could get in, I deleted my database and all files in htdoc/ … even deleted the free sub-domain and my primary domain.
But then today the 50% warning still arrived (for both cpu & i/o), precisely on time - exactly 14h03 as previously … may I guess that this is nothing to do with limits, but actually intentional coercion to ‘force’ me to upgrade to a paid account. Oh well, would have been easier if I knew, would have moved on much earlier - with out wasting time trying to ‘fix’ this fake high use so called problem.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.