Site wont change the homepage

Hi again, I just installed wordpress on the root of my website and published it for testing, but I still get the default ‘‘Let’s Make Something Awesome. Your account is all set up, it’s time to build your website!’’ page. Any suggestions?


You probably need to access wp directory on you website, e.g.:
example.com/wp/
It’s because you’ve installed the application in wp directory, take more attention to install settings next time, also you can use search and find a lot of same topics, there’s more answers and instructions.

@admin we need knowledge base article to this situation, I know you see this suggestion not first time.

@MrJunior said:
@admin we need knowledge base article to this situation, I know you see this suggestion not first time.

I think there’s already one:

@SaadEddine said:
Hi again, I just installed wordpress on the root of my website and published it for testing, but I still get the default ‘‘Let’s Make Something Awesome. Your account is all set up, it’s time to build your website!’’ page. Any suggestions?

How did you install WordPress? Did you do so through Softaculous or manually?

If you’re using Softaculous, please open it again and check the All Installations list to see if the URL displayed there is correct.

Did you install it manually? Please make sure you uploaded the software to the htdocs folder of your domain, not the root folder of your account.

@MrJunior said:
@admin we need knowledge base article to this situation, I know you see this suggestion not first time.

I have seen your request, but I have not seen any suggestions. There are multiple articles about this already, which clearly don’t do the job. I don’t think writing a third or a fourth knowledge base article about this will magically make people pay more attention to what they enter.

is there way that i can change it to make it work without /wb/… ?

i have tried all the way i know i uninstall the WB and reinstall it again but when i click visit site it shows page ( Let’s Make Something Awesome …) what can i do

@alhassan5 said:
i have tried all the way i know i uninstall the WB and reinstall it again but when i click visit site it shows page ( Let’s Make Something Awesome …) what can i do

Reinstall it again, but double, triple, quadruple and quintuple check that the DIRECTORY FIELD IN SOFTACULOUS IS EMPTY BEFORE CLICKING THE INSTALL BUTTON.

@MrJunior said:
@admin we need knowledge base article to this situation, I know you see this suggestion not first time.

100% I agree with you :smile:

@Admin said:
I have seen your request, but I have not seen any suggestions. There are multiple articles about this already, which clearly don’t do the job. I don’t think writing a third or a fourth knowledge base article about this will magically make people pay more attention to what they enter.

is not about to pay attention (as an help to us who respond to such questions)
but to write in both articles the text that says
leave it “in directory field” BLANK
if you want this and that. (briefly what I have said for a couple of times)

how can some novice know what this means “installation directory are correct”

he has no idea what to type and especially that he really do not need to type anything in that field