SiteBuilder and MediaWiki Installations Not Working

SiteBuilder is not working at all. I keep trying to install it, and after selecting a template and continuing it asks for Domain Name, Password, and Email Address. Then it just goes into a perpetual loading loop and never completes.

As for MediaWiki it can’t import any files, and crashes every time I attempt to import. This won’t make too much difference if I can just get SiteBuilder working, as I can then create MediaWiki pages in SiteBuilder. However, because both aren’t working I can’t use InfinityFree at all.

@Jzyehoshua said:
SiteBuilder is not working at all. I keep trying to install it, and after selecting a template and continuing it asks for Domain Name, Password, and Email Address. Then it just goes into a perpetual loading loop and never completes.

As for MediaWiki it can’t import any files, and crashes every time I attempt to import. This won’t make too much difference if I can just get SiteBuilder working, as I can then create MediaWiki pages in SiteBuilder. However, because both aren’t working I can’t use InfinityFree at all.

What do you mean you can’t upload any files?
If your files exceed the 10MB limit, tehy will get automatically deleted by the System, otherwise try to upload them via FTP or Online File Manager.
As for sitebuilder, lets see if Admin can do anything about it.

Kopage is in a rather sorry state at the moment. We’re still working on that.

What do you mean MediaWiki “crashes” during the import? What do you see? Do you see any errors?

MediaWiki has a special:import feature that imports MediaWiki backups. When I attempt to import a 14M file it gives the following error: “Import failed: Upload of import file failed. The file is bigger than the allowed upload size.” I actually have a 108M backup to import but it crashes and gives these errors even for 14M file sizes. File Manager won’t work because this is a MediaWiki file backup which has to be imported through MediaWiki itself.

@Jzyehoshua said:
MediaWiki has a special:import feature that imports MediaWiki backups. When I attempt to import a 14M file it gives the following error: “Import failed: Upload of import file failed. The file is bigger than the allowed upload size.” I actually have a 108M backup to import but it crashes and gives these errors even for 14M file sizes. File Manager won’t work because this is a MediaWiki file backup which has to be imported through MediaWiki itself.

Keep in mind that the file limit is 10MB on InfinityFree, not 14. That is why it is failing.
If you would like to remove this limit, you should upgrade to Premium Hosting.

@ChrisPAR said:

@Jzyehoshua said:

Keep in mind that the file limit is 10MB on InfinityFree, not 14. That is why it is failing.
If you would like to remove this limit, you should upgrade to Premium Hosting.

This is the right answer. But there may be other solutions.

If you’re migrating the website from another hosting provider, you could try to move the entire installation itself, rather than just the data within it. So rather than try to move the website contents using MediaWiki’s own import/export system, you could just migrate the entire MediaWiki installation.

This article has instructions on how to migrate a website to InfinityFree: https://infinityfree.net/support/how-to-migrate-your-website/