SitePro will be removed on July 25

Due to a one sided contract change from SitePro, we will no longer be able to offer the SitePro website builder on InfinityFree. Most people will not be affected by this, as only a small percentage of all InfinityFree users have access to the SitePro website builder.

If you still have SitePro websites right now, you will have received this email. Please read it and take action immediately.

Dear webmaster,

We are sending you this message because, according to our systems, you are currently using SitePro to manage one or more websites hosted with us.

We need to let you know that SitePro will be removed from InfinityFree on July 25, and you must take action immediately to keep your website running after that date.

What is happening with SitePro?

In last April, we announced that we would remove SitePro from InfinityFree. Following your feedback, we decided to keep SitePro available for existing users for a little while longer, with the intention of reassessing the decision at a later time (likely by the end of the year).

Unfortunately, SitePro announced a new pricing system earlier this month. This new system will become active for all hosting providers on July 25. Existing contracts will not be grandfathered. Under this new pricing structure it is impossible for us to offer SitePro with free hosting anymore.

What will happen to my website on July 25?

On July 25, SitePro access will be disabled for everyone. After that date, you will no longer be able to access the website builder and make changes to your websites.

It’s unclear at this time what will happen with websites which have been published already. Maybe these websites will keep working, but it’s possible SitePro will block them. Because of that, it’s very important that you take action before July 25 to keep your website online.

What should I do with my SitePro websites?

This is a very good time to migrate your website to a platform which will be supported by InfinityFree. Here are some recommendations:

• Kopage is a another free drag-and-drop website builder with a large selection of templates and widgets. You can find it in your control panel
  • WordPress is a very popular blog and CMS system with a huge selection of themes and plugins available for it. WordPress can be far more powerful than SitePro while still being fairly easy to use, especially if you add a drag-and-drop editing plugin like Visual Composer to it.
  • Desktop Website Builders are software which you can install on your own computer, like MobiRise, to build websites and upload them to your free hosting accounts.

You are of course free to migrate your website to any website platform you want. Softaculous offers hundreds of different softwares for various purposes, and you are free to bring your own software as well.

What should I do if I need to keep using SitePro after July 25?

After July 25, SitePro will no longer be available through InfinityFree. After that, you could migrate to another hosting provider which still offers SitePro.

You can also migrate your website to SitePro directly, using their For Website Owners program. SitePro has already offered to help you migrate your website from InfinityFree to their service. You can find more details on SitePro’s website.

Final words

We’re very sorry to have to notify you on such a short notice about this. We know that a week is a very short time to migrate a website, and we’re not proud of having to give you so little time. SitePro only notified us of the changes earlier this month. We tried to make a deal which would let us keep SitePro available, but that did not succeed. So we’re very sorry of having you go through this trouble.

Thank you for using our services,
InfinityFree
Free and Unlimited Web Hosting
https://infinityfree.net

1 Like

We have around 60 Site.pro websites on your platform. It is near impossible to migrate these many sites in less than a week. We are ready to pay a premium to keep our sites on infinity free. Please release a premium version of your free hosting. We will gladly pay for it.

@Bluerose23456 said:
We have around 60 Site.pro websites on your platform. It is near impossible to migrate these many sites in less than a week. We are ready to pay a premium to keep our sites on infinity free. Please release a premium version of your free hosting. We will gladly pay for it.

We have a premium version of our free hosting, available on iFastNet. However, iFastNet does not offer SitePro, so upgrading your account to iFastNet will not help. In fact, that’s one of the reasons we decided to remove SitePro back in April. And even though we did not remove SitePro at that time, I think we made it clear at the time that SitePro would not remain forever.

I fully agree that one week is too short. But SitePro only notified us very recently of the change, which did not leave us enough time to come up with a suitable alternative. Even if we wanted to make our own premium hosting with SitePro, we could not have developed that fast enough.

And we will not provide some kind of premium free hosting. If we are going to provide premium hosting, we want to provide a premium quality service. And we can’t do that on a free hosting system.

Also, like I already wrote under “What should I do if I need to keep using SitePro after July 25?”, you can still migrate your website to SitePro directly. Their hosting is not free, but since you say you are willing to pay a premium price, that doesn’t sound like a huge problem. They can also migrate your website for you, so you don’t have to change 60 websites yourself.

It is not yet July 5 and the option to edit the site via SitePro has been removed from my dashboard.

No backup I can do now. All my work will be lost.

@dlucaszs said:
It is not yet July 5 and the option to edit the site via SitePro has been removed from my dashboard.

No backup I can do now. All my work will be lost.

It looks like something went wrong while disabling SitePro from people who didn’t use it anymore. I see you still have active SitePro instances, but you were kicked out anyways. I have restored SitePro access for you now.

This is just terrible but should be a message to Zyro/SitePro, to learn not to make such changes.

Will you make another site creator available on the panel, or will you be on behalf of iFastNet directly from cPanel?

I’m really sad about this situation.

@dlucaszs said:
Will you make another site creator available on the panel, or will you be on behalf of iFastNet directly from cPanel?

I’m really sad about this situation.

Right now, it’s just Kopage. But we’re looking into alternatives as well.