Sites on Hosting Volume vol1_2 down: 404 error and FTP/file manager down

Domain: aux.gr
The server (web and ftp) is back and working properly. All user files are missing. We are waiting to be advised whether we should start uploading our stuff or if there’s going to be a filesystem reconstruction from backups.

I advice you to wait until further notice… If you don’t have a backup and you need the files

Hey all,
It seems that the sites may be back up. If they are, please reply with the following.

ADMIN NOTE: Please do not reply to answer this questions. We do not need this information (anymore). Such replies are irrelevant and will be deleted.

Can you access FTP? Yes or No

If you CAN access FTP, are your files there? Yes, Some, or No

Please do not reply to the questions anymore, we no longer need their answers as we know of the effect of this outage. Thanks

Also, please provide your domain name.
Thanks

1 Like

Seriously!? It’s funny thou. Like I was supposed to transfer the data to iFastNet a few days ago and when I opened the site I see forums on fire. But it’s funny how fast infinity free dash panel is compared to iFastNet. Anyway I hope the data is still there…

1. Yes
  2. No
1 Like

Can you access FTP? Yes
If you CAN access FTP, are your files there? No

Domain: http://cyprotic.freecluster.eu/

Please provide a backup of my files since I only had them up there.

Thanks.

1 Like

Unfortunately if iFastNet is unable to recover the files they are home forever. Since this is free hosting we do not provide backups, that is your job. Hopefully they only removed some hardware from the servers and will restore the data. Hopefully Admin will also update us soon. If you are just seeing this topic, the newest update is that the websites seam to be back, but all the files are gone. If you would like to help us with troubleshooting, you can answer the following questions:

1. Can you access FTP? Yes or No

2. If you CAN access FTP, are your files there? Yes, Some, or No

3. Also, please provide your domain name.

UPDATE: Please do not answer these questions anymore as we now know the effect of the outage. Thanks

Thanks

1 Like

What do you think @Greenreader9 , We need to upload backup files (if available) or need to wait for backup files (if available) or admin notice

And as a reminder to everyone: please follow the outage communication rules. Which includes not hijacking this topic with unrelated questions about other things, like cron jobs.

If you are affected by the issue, then both your website and FTP would have been dead.

I received a reply from iFastNet earlier today. What happened was that an error in a core database caused the home directories of some accounts on vol1_2 to be deleted. There were safeguards in place to help prevent this, but they were not sufficient.

The missing directories have been recreated, so your website can serve files again and FTP connectivity is restored.

That said, if you were affected by this, we’re sorry to say that all your website files have been deleted. They are gone and sadly cannot be recovered. Fortunately, all MySQL databases were unaffected, so you may be able to salvage your website contents that way.

This should not have happened, and measures have been taken to help ensure that this won’t happen again.

3 Likes

Thank you very much for the report Admin.
I appreciate infinityfree and I am glad to hear that measures have been taken to prevent future loss of files.

1 Like

Well, this image explains what happened to my data:

Fortunately, I have backups.

I’ve reuploaded all of files, including subdomains files. However, WordPress isn’t working properly now (https://blog.kygekteam.org), but other domains and subdomains is working properly. What can I do to fix it?

It looks like that autoload file has some issues. Try downloading a copy of the “sodium_compat” thing form WordPress and replacing the file.

1 Like

How to do that?

Well first you need to figure out what the sodium_compat is from. Is it from the main WP installation, from a plug-in or theme, etc. Than, you need to download WP, the plug-in or theme (Witchever the file is from) to your computer, locate that auto-loader file, and upload it via FTP to replace the one that is giving errors.
Thanks

1 Like

Domain: aux.gr
There seems to be a problem with the addon domains. They were, of course, deleted with the rest of the files. Even though in the client area they still exist, the extra directory and files are gone. Anyway, from the cpanel I deleted and recreated the addon domain (tangent.gr in my case), but that did not automatically create a new directory next to my htdocs as it used to do.
So I created it manually through ftp along with the rudimentary .htaccess file that used to be there and the two other 0byte files DO NOT UPLOAD FILES HERE and .override.
But, even though I’ve done all that and my dns settings are correct (A record points to the correct IP:185.27.134.150 for my addon tangent.gr), the addon does not resolve correctly and the server returns a 404.

Yup same happened… Although when I deleted my files again it went back to 403

1 Like

Ok, I should have created an htdocs directory inside my addon domain’s directory. Now it’s working… :grimacing:

Ok, by looking at what a lot of others are saying, both here and elsewhere, it looks like a lot of things have gotten messed up. If you are having issues, I recommend entering the addon domain section of the control panel and removing your domain name (Also download any database or files you still have). Next, create a new account and add the same domain name, and after the control panel begins working on the new account, you can upload any salvaged files and import the databases. Please let me know if you need help with anything above.
Thanks

And yes, this is iFastNet’s issue once again.

1 Like

I’m in the process of cleaning this topic now.

PLEASE FOLLOW THE OUTAGE COMMUNICATION RULES.

To summarize:

• Is the account of your question on the affected hosting volume?
  • Is the issue somehow related to files, directories, file manager FTP?
  • Did you include the affected account username and/or domain name in your post?

If the answer to any of these questions is “no”, your post will be deleted. For the first two points: please create a separate topic in Hosting Support. For the last one: please post your message again with the right details.

All replies to such messages are deleted too. And in the future: please FLAG such posts instead of engaging with them.

Finally, Greenreader9 asked some questions in one posts and people are still answering them. Please don’t reply to answer those questions. We needed them before when we were still investigating, we don’t need them now.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.