Slow loading with rf.gd extensions

Phenomenon tested on Opera, Chrome, Edge, Firefox
By example
https://vivie.rf.gd
or
https://cedelona.rf.gd
On Wordpress -Theme used Honey Press free version, but same result with another theme even the default theme.
The free SSL certificate is GoGetSSL
I have to wait 30 seconds and more to get the first display of the home page then the navigation seems normal, even when changing themes, using WP Super Cache
If I do a ping on vivie.rf.gd [185.27.134.163] or cedelona.rf.gd [185.27.134.153]
Timeout exceeded the demand.
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),
This initial delay is discouraging, how to reduce it?

Of course your loading times are long, WordPress is quite slow. And the more plugins and themes you use, the slower loads are. Also, the bigger the theme/plugin, the longer the load. And also FYI, cache plugins are discouraged here because of their high server resource usage and sort-of ineffectiveness on free hosting since we don’t have server-side cache enabled.

I have a few domains with rf.gd extensions and they load in less than 1/2 second.

And pinging our servers will not work because they are set up to block pings to protect the network infrastructure.

You may be able to set up a cron job on each of your websites to load /wp-cron.php every 15 minutes or so. Understanding Cron Job schedules

6 Likes

Thank you for your quick reply
Ok but which cron function (script) is allowed in this case?
Although I don’t see how calling this page repeated for example every 59 minutes (because I think there will be little traffic) could improve the loading time of the home page.
I removed Wp Super Cache since you tell me that they are ineffective in the case at hand.
Indeed, the server’s response does not seem optimized for Wordpress, I have just done a test by placing an old generation site in html without a database and indeed the home page loads faster. It’s a shame that such a renowned CMS is not more efficient on your servers, but hey, it’s free and you can’t be more demanding.:wink:
Thanks

As I said, /wp-cron.php would be the file to call every 59 minutes, as you say.
Running wp-cron.php every 59 minutes allows Wordpress to execute all of its functions and “cache” (ironic, right?) them until the next load. This should be done about every 15-30 minutes, but every hour is also fine. This helps speed up the page-load for the visitor because all of these functions do not have to be run again when the user loads the website (depending on the time the user loads the page, this may be different).

Let me know if you have any questions!

6 Likes

Ok understood and done , thanks

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.