So I activated my site and published using the Site Builder but can't even see the homepage

Hi, it’s me again.

So recently I deactivated my account/site so I could take a break. Now I’ve come to the point where I’d like to put a simple “Under Construction” page on my website.
I can still use the SiteBuilder (because I can keep it) and when publishing I still see this weird homepage.
http://mp5k.rf.gd/ If I’m correct you’ll see no Infinityfree logo whatsoever.

What am I doing wrong? I also checked the FTP folders, but I don’t how that should be organized.

Thanks fur reading.

@TB0Y298 said:
Hi, it’s me again.

So recently I deactivated my account/site so I could take a break. Now I’ve come to the point where I’d like to put a simple “Under Construction” page on my website.
I can still use the SiteBuilder (because I can keep it) and when publishing I still see this weird homepage.
http://mp5k.rf.gd/ If I’m correct you’ll see no Infinityfree logo whatsoever.

What am I doing wrong? I also checked the FTP folders, but I don’t how that should be organized.

Thanks fur reading.

It shows dir listing meaning you have not uploaded any files through your site yet.
Also be sure to upload your files to the htdocs folder…

I’m pretty sure there’s something in there. Just screened right now.

@TB0Y298 said:

I’m pretty sure there’s something in there. Just screened right now.

Did you actually upload it on the right folder?
I mean there might be 2 htdocs folder.
Like you can see another htdocs folder on a subdomain because you created an addon domain or subdomain.

it’s good to click refresh button in mostaFTP (top left third)
because if you did not “walk” through dir’s the old condition can be displayed

Your website was installed successfully, but not to the correct folder. Please check the domain in your control panel to find the right directory to upload your website to.

Also, you should not be using SitePro to begin with. It will be removed in the future.

@Admin said:
Your website was installed successfully, but not to the correct folder. Please check the domain in your control panel to find the right directory to upload your website to.

Also, you should not be using SitePro to begin with. It will be removed in the future.

Can we still use SitePro somehow? If then how?
Probably won’t answer due to sitepro officially removed

hi
It’s available to older users but there is a plan to remove SitePro for all existing users

@OxyDac said:
hi
It’s available to older users but there is a plan to remove SitePro for all existing users

Thx, probably won’t work for me.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the great answers! I will try and fix this by myself for now.
However, last time when I created a new sitebuilder I selected mp5k.rf.gd > htdocs but this (published) page never showed up when I went to the site.

Oh and I “shouldn’t be using SitePro because it’s dusty, old and deprecated”.
I will switch to Wordpress when I have the time to build. :smile:

@Admin I made a backup and deleted all stuff from my htdocs folder. I also removed my add-on/subdomains. How is it possible that there’s a mp5k.rf.gd folder inside my mp5k.rf.gd root folder? I can’t delete it!!

@TB0Y298 said:
@Admin I made a backup and deleted all stuff from my htdocs folder. I also removed my add-on/subdomains. How is it possible that there’s a mp5k.rf.gd folder inside my mp5k.rf.gd root folder? I can’t delete it!!

The first domain you add to an account is assigned to the main htdocs directory, and any addon domains or sub domains added afterwards get their own folder. If you delete the initial domain from your account, and then add it again as an addon domain or subdomain, it will be assigned to a new directory instead of the original htdocs directory. So that’s how you can end up with a subdomain directory for the initial domain name.

In the past, the domain folders were created with permissions preventing you from deleting the folder, even if the domain was already removed from the account. Domains added now do get the right permissions so you can delete them, but folders created before still cannot be deleted. But beyond looking a bit messy in a file manager, the folders don’t affect your websites.

@Admin I removed the domain from my original htdocs folder, so basically I should build the site in the new subdomain’s htdocs folder right? It’s a bit confusing to me, sorry.

@TB0Y298 said:
@Admin I removed the domain from my original htdocs folder, so basically I should build the site in the new subdomain’s htdocs folder right? It’s a bit confusing to me, sorry.

You should check the domain in the Addon Domains or Subdomains list in your control panel. The home directory for the domain is listed right next to it. If it ends with “/htdocs”, then the domain is linked to the main htdocs directory. If it ends with “//htdocs”, then the domain is linked to the “/htdocs” directory.

There is no need to guess which directory you need to use if you can just see it in the control panel.