Softaculos Wordpress (or any other blog) results in blank page

Now pages are blank but the title shows “404 Page not found”

I have checked your domain name, but it looks like you have set both our nameservers (epizy.com) and the nameservers from some other provider (domain.com).

Please remove the nameservers, because right now visitors will not be consistently redirected to your hosting account with us.

1 Like

I have removed the other 2 nameservers, now it shows that “this site cannot be reached” error.

Note that changing the nameservers can take up to 72 hours to take effect everywhere. So it’s possible the problem is already fixed, but not yet visible everywhere.

1 Like

That was right! I was able to finally see my website come to life!
But trying to access the admin page takes forever to load and ends up with this error.

I can see your admin page on https://usedbooksdz.space/wp/wp-admin/ though (albeit with an SSL error). Can you please check if you can see it as well through Private Browsing mode (which helps to circumvent caches)?

I disabled Cloudflare and it worked fine yesterday, I was able to access the website in an hour.
And now 12 hours later, I am unable to access the website as a whole (not even with private browsing, tried different browsers along with their incognito modes without avail).

Visiting any page on the website results in error:

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

previously visiting usedbooksdz.space would show the infinityfree welcome page that invites you to create something awesome.

How to fix the SSL error? could it be the SSL error that is taking the website off the DNS? :open_mouth:

The nameservers issues which I thought were solved turned out to not be, which is probably the explanation for the DNS issues. Your website is still working fine from here.

There are basically two ways to fix the SSL issue:

• You could install a valid SSL certificate so you and other people can access the website over a secure connection.
  • You could update WordPress’ settings so it doesn’t redirect you to HTTPS URLs. If you have any security plugins on your website, you may want to check their settings.

SSL and DNS are pretty much unrelated.

The nameservers issues which I thought were solved turned out to not be, which is probably the explanation for the DNS issues. Your website is still working fine from here.

I think it’s coming on and off. Is this issue from my side? I am clueless of what else can I do to fix this.

It’s likely that this issue is the culprit:

I re-enabled cloudflare since it was established that it’s not cloudflare issue.
Can I get help on this one?

nvm, site is back up. one mroe problem that shows up is my main website shows “directory listing” with /wp file in it. clicking on that will take me to wordpress. however, if I try to redirect from that landing page to /wp directly (using cpanel redirects) it causes the site to fail with ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

Since you’re using Cloudflare, please check your Cloudflare settings and make sure the “SSL Mode” is set to “Full”. By default, it’s set to Flexible, which is known to cause redirect errors (and is only required if the backend server does not support HTTPS, which every website on InfinityFree does).

I have successfully setup cloud flare. One more problem is the Cpanel Redirects, I can’t set up redirect from usedbooksdz.space to the /wp directory as it results in “too many redirects” page error when trying to load the website

1 Like

You need to use this .htaccess code:
Redirect 301 / https://usedbooksdz.space/wp/
to redirect your website to the /wp directory.
NOTE: Delete the precedent rules from your htaccess file before doing this!

Thanks for your reply!

I tried to edit as said but it redirected me to /wp/wp/wp/wp , I didn’t know what broke it that way (the redirects from cpanel were deleted). I used cloudflare page rules to redirect. thanks anyways!

I wouldn’t recommend that. Doing so causes errors with search engines pointing to a site, plus (if you’re using WordPress or other software) the redirect can sometimes delay loading the page by a few seconds. [quote=“GS2020, post:18, topic:15258, full:true”]
Thanks for your reply!

I tried to edit as said but it redirected me to /wp/wp/wp/wp , I didn’t know what broke it that way (the redirects from cpanel were deleted). I used cloudflare page rules to redirect. thanks anyways!
[/quote]

It would be simpler (and better) to reinstall WordPress at the base of your site, instead of in another directory.

1 Like

Hi

Let’s say you have a document that you regularly use…
You will put it on the desktop or create a shortcut for it… right?

You won’t put a DVD every day and go in some fifth subfolder there to open your file

It would be a waste of time !

It is also good to solve the problem in the root
instead of doing some hack around (redirects/RW)
because it’s time wasting and of course the server must do it

redirects or rewrite = with that, your code gets sloppy and add unnecessary complications, compatibility issues, etc.

You have two options to fix this. You can:

• Move your WordPress site following the official documentation:
    Moving WordPress – Documentation
  • Remove this WordPress and install it again through Softaculous to the right folder.

f you just installed the script, you can just delete the old installation, go back to Softaculous and install it again with the right directory. Double and triple check the “Directory” field in Softaculous, it should be empty if you don’t want a subdirectory!

softaculous - if you want to uninstall
on the toolbar (up right) the box icon is located (the mouse above that icon will write “all installations”)
click it
and then https://softaculous.com/docs/How_to_remove_a_installation

2 Likes

Both the .htaccess redirect and the Redirects tool in the control panel both redirect the specific URL and all subdirectories. So if you setup a redirect for example.com, it will also redirect example.com/wp, example.com/wp/wp-admin, etc. So if you set a site to redirect back onto a subdirectory of the same domain, it will keep redirecting you until your browser gives up.

If you want to only redirect the root URL, the easiest way is probably to use a PHP redirect. So in the root folder of your domain, you could create a file with the name index.php and these contents:

<?php

header('Location: /wp/');

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.