Softaculous Apps Installer isn't responding

My website URL is:

What I’m seeing is:

I don’t have a website up yet, just starting. Trying to install wordpress via the Softaculous Apps Installer as directed by your help article:
https://infinityfree.net/support/how-to-migrate-your-website/
From control panel, I’ve entered Softaculous Apps Installer, which lands on this page: http://scriptinstall.rocks:2082/login/?user=epiz_24532522&pass=C9uAsnrJTILQ
The page indicates: This page isn’t working
scriptinstall.rocks didn’t send any data.
ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

I’m using this software:

Additional information:

You might see this because of a fluctuating connection, either by your computer or the server. Anyways, you may once more try to install the software using Softaculus. If it doesn’t work, follow this article.

It is for Wordpress, but you can take similar steps for your app:
https://infinityfree.net/support/how-to-fix-a-corrupted-wordpress-installation/

2 Likes

You can also set up wordpress another than Softaculous Apps.

simply download from here:

then unzip it and upload it into htdoces( root file)

as @Niekon said. Bad connections can create these bugs too. you’d try another browser or internet for while.

PLEASE RESET HER CPANEL PASSWORD!

I saw the password a where but i cannot say where is it. but the password is published here.

3 Likes

The password she has in her URL isn’t the actual one. But yes, if there’s doubt, the password should be reset.

2 Likes

Ah, you’re right. i clicked the link and it looks reset.

1 Like

I also want to say some notes.

If you want to install WordPress on the root folder, upload the files and folders inside wordpress folder on your computer to your htdocs.
If you want to install WordPress on another folder (e.g. blog/), rename the wordpress folder to e.g. blog, and upload that folder on the htdocs.
Also, create a database from the “MySQL Databases” section of the Control Panel, and set up the database details of WordPress to point to the new database host, database name, username and password.

For the rest, I’ll leave you alone.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for the response and pointing out the user and password in the url. I noticed that also after I already posted and attempted to change the password when I observed ftp also failing. I wanted to try and install wordpress manually. I keep getting an error about the password format, even though I included only alpha and numbers. Error:
The password may only contain letters and numbers.
The password may not be equal to your client area password.

btw, this user name and password was autogenerated when I created the account, it was not my choosing. I attempted installing through Softaculous many times with the same result, so it’s consistent and predictable so I believe this is an account issue.

I’ve reset your password for you now to prevent anyone else from being able to get access to your account.

As for why your new password is not being accepted, I don’t know. I also tried to reset the password through your client area and didn’t get any errors.

And like the error message says: please make sure that you’re using a unique password for your account. You can enter almost any service without having to enter it yourself, so a randomly generated password is recommended. Because the password needs to be stored in database configuration files and the like, it’s highly recommended to use a unique password.

1 Like

hello,
I just signed up for a free account to host my wordpress website from backup files. I was able to create and import MySQL. I then tried to use Softaculous Apps Installer to install wordpress but it’s timing out with the following error:

# This page isn’t working
scriptinstall.rocks didn’t send any data.
ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

Also ftp (using Cyberduck) is timing out. It seems that there are issues with my account? Can someone help please.

Judging by the error message, I would guess that there might be some issue with the storage of your website. However, I just checked your account, and both Softaculous and our own file manager seem to be working normally. Do you still experience this problem?

1 Like

Yes. Unable to log in to install apps via Softaculous and ftp. Tried to change my password, but keep getting an error about password can only be text and letters, which I did include, even using a password generator from lastpass.

Given the poor user experience, I decided to delete my account but this doesn’t seem straight forward or immediate either. I tried to delete my hosting account but it wanted me to delete my domain first. Seems the domain is not deleted after initiated until after 60 days? Then I have to come back and delete my account?

I’ve merged some topics, sorry for the mess.

I used a password generated from KeePass, which worked just fine.

It may seem like the interface is giving you the runaround. But the step by step instructions are:

1. Remove the domain names from the hosting account.
  2. Deactivate the hosting account.
  3. Wait 60 days for the hosting account to be deleted completely.
  4. (Optional) Delete the client area profile (assuming you don’t have other hosting accounts).
1 Like

Ok, I did see where you updated the password, no idea why it doesn’t work for me. Never the less, same issues with FTP and Softaculous sw installs. So I tried to create a second account, since there is no way to delete the first one immediately and I have to wait for it to be deleted by the system. Now I get the following error:
“Something went wrong, please allow 20 minutes then retry” when accessing Softaculous. Not sure why things are so difficult.

Please note that setting up your account for the first time takes a few minutes. The client area actually shows this, but let’s you access the control panel anyways so you can have a look around already. But it will take a few minutes for everything to be set up and start working.

1 Like

I appreciate the response, but never the less it continues to not work. After the 20 minute error, same issues as before. FTP times out, Softaculous times out. At this point, the service is useless to me so I’m just going to delete the account after the required 60 days for the system to remove

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.