Softaculous: "Something went wrong, please allow 20 minutes then retry" on website IP 185.27.134.106

Softaculous: “Something went wrong, please allow 20 minutes then retry” on website IP 185.27.134.106

Since the 7th of November, we are getting reports that people are unable to open Softaculous on their new accounts.

This appears to be caused by too many accounts to be allocated to this server, causing high load which results in this issue.

Which components are affected by this issue

This issue seems to affect all (new) accounts on the website IP 185.27.134.106 and hosting volume vol7_7.

Right now, we only know that Softaculous is broken, but it’s possible that because of this you may experience general stability issues and poor performance.

What issues may you see

When trying to open Softaculous, you will see the error Something went wrong, please allow 20 minutes then retry.

When will this issue be resolved

We expect the load to be normalized in roughly a week from now (that’s around the 15th of November). Only then will Softaculous be re-enabled.

What can you do to fix this

If you don’t do anything, the server load will automatically return to normal in a week or two.

If you don’t want to wait for that (or want to help reduce the load), you can create a new hosting account, and migrate your website to the new account. This new hosting account will be created on a different server that doesn’t have these stability issues. And in doing so, you are helping reduce the load for others on the server.

We are aware of the issue and are doing our best to get this resolved as soon as possible.

I completely understand that this may cause confusion and you will have additional questions. I am happy to provide any information I have to help you.

However, to keep the contents of this topic clean, clear and concise, I ask that you carefully read the Outage Communication Rules before posting.

In a nutshell:

• Please keep the posts about the outage in this topic, and all posts not about this outage outside of this topic.
  • Please post relevant questions only that have not been answered yet. It may be compelling to ask obvious questions like “when will this be fixed”, but basic information like that will be put in this message as soon as we know it.
  • Please carefully check the known symptoms and affected components.
    • If you are on the affected components, you are almost certainly affected by the outage. If so, please refrain from simply stating you are affected, it does not help get your service back up faster.
    • If you are not on the affected components but do experience all of the symptoms, please say so below so we can check if our list is incomplete.
    • If you do not experience all listed issues and are not on the components that are known to be affected, the issue you are experiencing is most likely not related to this outage. If so, please create a new topic in the Hosting Support category and describe the issue there.
  • If you say you are affected by the outage, please always include your website URL. I can’t check if you are affected by the outage if you don’t say which of your websites is affected.

Posts that do not follow these rules may be deleted without warning. This is to help ensure that all the relevant information is easily available to everyone reading this topic.

7 Likes

Thanks for your reply and i will be waiting for the issue to be resolved. Once the issue resolved please let me know.

Thanks for this information.
I will also add that I can not connect via FTP to my server hosted on 185.27.134.106 via web-ftp or Filezilla from my home.

1 Like

As I wrote in the topic: I’ll update it as soon as I know more.

But please understand that I cannot inform everyone personally.

I checked FTP access as well (because this Softaculous error is often caused by storage problems), but on the accounts I checked FTP access just worked. So I don’t think that your issue is related to the outage, but is more likely to be either specific to your account or to the way you’re trying to use it.

So please try the steps from this article first. And if that doesn’t solve the problem, please create a new topic.

1 Like

Could you please assist me/provide instructions in migrating my website to another server so I dont have to wait the week, I am using a custom domain incase it matters? @Admin

Migrating a website is done like this:

If you have a custom domain name, please note that the domain must be using our nameservers to be able to add it to the new account. So you may wish to change the nameservers before starting the migration to avoid unnecessary downtime.

5 Likes

Is it possible to install WordPress manually using the ftp access?

Yes, of course. Follow this guide to do so.

5 Likes

How would I go about unassigning my current domain from this account though?

Just login to the control panel and find the domain in the Addon Domains, Parked Domains or Subdomains sections and remove it from there. When you delete the domains there, you can link it to another account right away.

6 Likes

Hi, sorry to drop a comment on here but is there any update on this? I believe it was ETA to be enabled again on the 15th but, still getting this issue?

If there were any updates, Admin would have published them here.

Where did you see this? I don’t recall seeing this, but I have been wrong before (after all, we are all human).

2 Likes

Probably here:

4 Likes

Hi, as fbp110 tagged, it was from the latest status update above. I’m just wondering if I’m better off just removing the account?

You probably do want to, then. 15 November was only a guess, as we don’t have access to the backend at iFastNet and their support can be very vague sometimes. Right now, as this article suggests, you’ll probably want to move to a new account.

4 Likes

Hmm, I think we all expected this to be fixed sooner than it actually was.

I’ll check the current status with iFastNet and share an update.

5 Likes

I’ve checked the situation with iFastNet, and after checking the server health they considered it safe to reactivate Softacoulous for that server.

So I’m happy to report that Softaculous has been enabled again on this server!

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.